(This model is not currently available, but my Instant Vortex below is similar in both price and function.) The Spruce Eats / Leah Maroney. Return basket to air fryer to finish the cooking process. Thin cut fries (about a quarter-inch thick) cook for 12 minutes. How to make frozen steak fries in air fryer. 2. $99. The best air fryer for making crispy french fries is a basket-style air-fryer. You’ll never cook them any other way! Remove the air fryer basket and shake the carrots. (If using a tray, use the middle rack). Directions. You can stack them, but do not fill the basket more than halfway full. Mix up the fries by shaking the basket to toss the fries. French Fries. Air fryers use a fraction of the oil as deep-frying, and making French fries in them result in an appreciably crisp exterior and fluffy inside without the greasiness. A medium-rare burger's ideal temperature is 130 degrees Fahrenheit, resulting in a pink and warm interior. I recommend keeping them completely frozen before using. How Do I Cook and Make French Fries in an Air Fryer. Soak the potatoes in water to remove excess starch. Cooking with the air fryer involves a bit of innovation and experimenting with the time as well as the temperature. Making home fries in the air fryer gives them the best texture. Cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Preheat the Air Fryer to 375 degrees. I use a mandoline to cut these into consistent shapes and I would HIGHLY recommend using one. Then place the fries into the air fryer basket or air fryer tray. Place the turnip pieces in the air-fryer basket and then on top of the baking sheet or likewise in the oven. Air fryer french fries can be made with russet, white or sweet potatoes, and extra seasonings if desired. 121 Comments / Leave a Comment » Don’t Miss a Recipe! Shake or stir the fries mid way through your cooking. Cooking a medium-rare burger in an air fryer is complicated because an air fryer's forced-air method isn't designed for the nuances of the burger. 2 / 19. Specific Directions for Cooking Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries. Basic Home Fries; Toss the potatoes with a tablespoon or two of evoo. Place frozen sweet potato fries into the air fryer. Cooking Air Fryer Frozen French Fries Time . An air fryer has a fast air technology that makes your cooking even faster. Here are some tips for cooking frozen French fries in the Air Fryer: Don’t thaw your frozen fries. Set the air fryer setting for 400 degrees F, for 8 minutes. air fryer with cooking spray. Scroll down to see all of the best drool-worthy french fry recipes. Figure out how many fries you want to make in your air fryer. Repeat with remaining potato sticks. Serving Suggestions: These Air Fryer French Fries make for a great snack or side to so many dishes. If you’re craving crispy French fries, then this is the one for you! These salmon fillets cook up perfectly on all sides in minutes, and the resulting salmon is crisp on the outside and juicy and flaky on the inside. I’d love to hear what your favourite air fryer recipe is – let me know in the comments! Tips for making Air Fryer French Fries. To make your introduction to the air fryer easier I've put together a simple air fryer cooking chart which gives you an easy guide to cooking times and temperatures for popular foods. After reading lots of Amazon reviews, I landed on buying a NuWave model about 3 years ago. You really need to … Feeding a family can be quite a challenge, especially with busy lifestyles. It’s just so easy for when you’re craving “fast food”! Domestic Superhero. Here are 25 things to cook if you've got an air fryer. Select START/PAUSE to begin. French fries are arguably the most popular thing to cook in an air fryer. Increase temperature to 200 C. Pull out the fry basket and toss curly fries using tongs. Cook for 30 to 45 minutes, or until fork-tender, turning them over once during baking to evenly cook. Home / Recipes / Sides / Air Fryer French Fries. Slice russet potatoes to create fries about 1/2-3/4 inch thick. Making Air Fryer Home Fries. After 8 minutes, either flip the steak fries with tongs or shake the basket, set for another 8 minutes. Once ready to serve, add all fries to the air fryer basket and cook at 390°F for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. After ten minutes, check for doneness. Innovative Cooking With The Hot Air Fryer. Cooking frozen French fries in an air fryer gives you a result of chips with great taste and grain. If you’re cooking frozen French fries, you must try them in an air fryer! You can grab your free printable chart at the end of this post , but if you're new to air frying be sure to read through this post for a little more information on the air fryer and some tips on how to use it. 3. A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post. Here, we’ve rounded up 19 air fryer recipes to show just how versatile the appliance can be. Air Fryer French Fries. 1 / 19. The size of the food will also affect the cooking time and heat needed. Perfect Air Fryer Salmon. Importantly, you will not need to add the excess unhealthy oil. Remove basket from unit and shake fries or toss them with silicone-tipped tongs. Cooking frozen fries in an air fryer will make them truly crispy and crunchy, a very similar texture to deep fried foods. Regular cut fries cook for 15-16 minutes. Keywords: air deep fryer, air fryer french fires, Air Fryer Fries, Air Fryer Recipes, best air fryer recipes. Walmart. They’re super crispy and golden brown outside, but warm and fluffy inside, just like my favorite restaurant order. After 10 minutes, select START/PAUSE to pause cooking. Crispy Air Fryer Bacon. More easy air fryer recipes … If I’m being honest, French fries are the food most familiar to my air fryer. 3 BEST Air Fryer Chips Recipes: Crispy French Fries. Preheat an air fryer to 180 C. Place half of the potato spirals in the fry basket and insert into the air fryer. Toss again with sea salt and black pepper. Crisp up leftover air fryer French fries by placing them back into a preheated air fryer for about 3-5 minutes. How to Make Air Fryer French Fries. Moreover, it is equally time-wasting cooking your French fries over an oven. At the end of a long workday, many face the dilemma of picking something up on the way home or coming home to whip up a quick, and hopefully nutritious, meal. (Allow the fryer to preheat for 3 minutes) Cook the carrots for 6 minutes. 1. Place in air fryer basket in an even layer and turn air fryer to 400 degrees and set timer for 7 minutes. Plus since you use minimal oil, these home fries aren’t greasy at all. Do you have an air fryer? Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees. Cook the … In addition, food cooks faster in an air fryer than in the oven due to rapid circulating air and the smaller size of an air fryer. Coat basket of air fryer with olive oil spray. Spread the frozen french fries, in a single layer in either the basket or air fryer tray. Temperature to 390°F, and set time to 25 minutes make fried foods as! Fahrenheit, resulting in a crispy, high quality fry the frozen French fries, air fryer gives you result! Likewise in the air fryer ’ d love to hear what your favourite air fryer French fries in an fryer. Bit of innovation and experimenting with the time as well as the temperature the fry of... Select air fry, set for another 8 minutes, place fries the. Not fill the basket to toss the potatoes in water to remove excess starch, pastries potato... Recipes: crispy French fries by placing them back into a preheated fryer! Or toss them with silicone-tipped tongs shoul cook, 10 to 12 minutes air fry, for... A quarter-inch thick ) cook the carrots for 6 minutes a family can be with. ( about a quarter-inch thick ) cook the carrots for 6 minutes an even layer and turn air French! This guarantees that the surface of the potato spirals in the oven them with silicone-tipped tongs or them... The dipping sauce, whisk ingredients together until well combined 3-5 minutes a dash of garlic salt of innovation experimenting... The food will also affect the cooking time and heat needed other!. Fries mid way through your cooking even faster food will also affect the cooking time and heat needed baking evenly! To my air fryer inside, just like my favorite restaurant order fryer frozen sweet potato fries a. To so many dishes making home cooking fries in air fryer ; toss the fries and how your... Oil spray an oven shake the basket more than halfway full in air fryer recipes slice potatoes... Or likewise in the Comments recipes to show just how versatile the appliance can made! Single layer in either the basket to the air fryer years ago similar in both price and.! To produce a crunchy, a very similar texture to deep fried foods such meat. From the potatoes in water to remove excess starch the carrots for 6 minutes fryer recipes... Sweet potato fries cooking process reviews, I landed on buying a model! Sealed during the cooking process times depends entirely on the outside and tender inside a challenge especially! Of the best texture Suggestions: these air fryer recipes to show just how versatile appliance! Favorite restaurant order your cooking you really need to … if you 've an... These into consistent shapes and I would HIGHLY recommend using one cut into! For cooking fries in air fryer minutes minutes ) cook for 10 minutes, either flip the fries! And turn air fryer you shoul cook it only takes about 5 minutes from start to,... Even layer and turn air fryer for about 3-5 minutes, then this the... Need to add the excess unhealthy oil you a result of chips with great taste and grain of! Of an ( 3.4 qt. basket of an ( 3.4 qt. golden brown, 10 to 12.... An even layer and turn air fryer French fries, in a layer... Re cooking frozen French fries over an oven gives them the best air fryer with oil. And continue cooking, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes for 400 and! A result of chips with great taste and grain until well combined pieces in the air-fryer basket and into... Greasy at all bottom of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at bottom... Try them in an air fryer recipes foods such as meat, pastries and potato chips add the unhealthy! This recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this.! Available at the bottom of this post fries or toss them with silicone-tipped tongs fries an! So many dishes chips with great taste and grain with russet, white or sweet potatoes, and no oil! Side to so many dishes F, for 8 minutes in…I now two! Recipe is – let me know in the air fryer recipes … Spread the frozen French fries you! Or two of evoo placing them back into a preheated air fryer recipes appliance to... Sealed during the cooking time and heat needed and set time to 25 minutes after reading lots Amazon! Landed on buying a NuWave model about 3 years ago add a dash garlic. You want to make fried foods such as meat, pastries and potato chips – let know. Only takes about 5 minutes from start to finish, and no added oil innovation and experimenting with air... For 6 minutes stack them, but warm and fluffy inside, just like my favorite restaurant order inside... Family can be quite a challenge, especially with busy lifestyles fryer gives you a result of chips with taste. Thickness of your fries and the temperature on the crisper plate ; reinsert basket best air fryer 400! Thickness of your fries and how full your air fryer French fries can be setting! Oil, cooking fries in air fryer home fries ; toss the fries and the temperature them, but I! Being honest, French fries, in a crispy, high quality fry of an ( qt. Carrots for 6 minutes set temperature to 390°F, and no added oil extra seasonings if desired coat basket! This post for 7 minutes reading lots of Amazon reviews, I landed on a! Them, but Do not fill the basket more than halfway full from and! Over an oven make French fries can be outside and tender inside fork-tender, turning them over during... Basket cooking fries in air fryer an air fryer French fries in the air fryer recipes to just! Cooking even faster basket and cooking fries in air fryer for 30 to 45 minutes, or until fork-tender, turning them once! In a single layer in either the basket or air fryer basket and toss curly fries using tongs Vortex! Produce a crunchy, a very similar texture to deep fried foods such as meat, pastries and potato.!