Its a vigorous climb of about 900 feet with an. Please choose a different date. 26 (Bear River Rd.) Grafton Notch State Park, Bethel: Address, Phone Number, Grafton Notch State Park Reviews: 5/5 Grafton Notch State Park, Bethel: See 197 reviews, articles, and 152 photos of Grafton Notch State Park, ranked No.1 on Tripadvisor among 13 attractions in Bethel. From Bethel: Follow Route 2 East to Newry Corner (Routes 2 & 26) Turn left. Screw Auger Falls, Grafton Notch State Park Ticket Price, Hours, Address and Reviews. 1472 Bear River Road / Route 26 Newry, Maine 04261 • 207-824-2292 . Grafton Notch State Park, Bethel: Address, Phone Number, Grafton Notch State Park Reviews: 5/5 This place is just too big and too special for a day visit but that is what you have to do here, unless you are on a backpacking trip, hiking the AT or use a private campground. This is a tough little trail! amazing rewarding view at the end. From the junction of Route 2 and Route 26, travel North on Route 26 (towards The park is abutted by the eastern and western sections of the Mahoosuc Public Reserved Land, which total 31,807 acres (12,872 ha). more, River Rafting & Tubing, Boat Tours, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing, Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.com, Things to do near Grafton Notch State Park. The notch demarks the northeastern end of the Mahoosuc Range, and thus of the White Mountains. Preserve Size: 34,955 acres; Trail Mileage: 2.7-mile loop; Pets: yes; Difficulty: challenging; Sights: view down the valley; Eyebrow Trail in red (at the north end of the map); Grafton Loop Trail in blue. 26, on the east side (left hand turn when heading north). Go 7 miles north on Rt. The trails are marked and there are steps and platforms plus signs that tell al. The trail leaves from the end of this parking area at the sign. With Old Speck Mountain topping out at 4,170 feet and Baldpate Mountain East Peak (3,780 ft.) and West Peak (3,662 ft.), a lot of occasional hikers might be intimidated. Things to see and do near Grafton Notch State Park. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. General Information: (518) 279-1155; Follow Us Friends Group Weather. Saratoga/Capital District Region. Grafton Notch is one of Maine’s most spectacular recreational areas, rife with cascading waters, swimming holes, mountain peaks, and abundant trails. A visit to Speck Pond is worth the trip when you're visiting. It’s almost a little similar to Mt. Waterfalls, gorges and breathtaking beauty. Get on Rt. Driving Directions The trailhead is located in North Newry, Maine within Grafton Notch State Park. Where is Grafton Notch State Park? In Grafton Notch State Park, part of the Maine Birding Trail, birdwatchers can observe peregrine falcons, a wide variety of songbirds, and - at higher elevations - northern forest species. I saw a few school aged kids, but you would sure want to stay ahead of them so they don't take any turns straight off a cliff edge. Its a vigorous climb of about 900 feet with an. Tags: Landmarks, Parks, Natural Parks; Contribute; Screw Auger Falls, Grafton Notch State Park Map. If they are the kind to run ahead, I would probably do one of the lower elevation hikes. 26 North in Maine. Backcountry terrain here can be rugged, and the 3,000-acre state park includes twelve of the most challenging miles along the whole Appalachian Trail (AT). This is just a parking lot along side of road, completely uncommercialized!! If they are the kind to run ahead, I would probably do one of the lower elevation hikes. Is this a must-do if you are travelling with a, Are the prices for this place or activity, Would you recommend this place or activity to a friend looking for an, Is this a place or activity you would suggest for, Is this a romantic place or activity that you would suggest for, I love this place so much to do and see, there are hiking trails, places to swim, waterfalls and picnic areas to eat at. Grafton Notch State Park is a premier recreational destination off of ME-26 in Newry. Screw Auger Falls at the State Park. Trail Manager. Many family history in Grafton first class. I think I would skip Mother Walker Falls if was nothing special is you have limited time. Grafton Notch State Park is a massive park sprawling across an area of 3,129 acres. My grandfather was night watchman leaves on old spot for 7 seasons. This is just a parking lot along side of road, completely uncommercialized!! This park is stunningly beautiful and offers a number of activities to the visitors. We are locals...we took our 4 yr old granddaughter there yesterday (again) so much fun, beautiful and perfect! Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online for the date(s) you selected. Grafton Notch State Park, Bethel: Address, Phone Number, Grafton Notch State Park Reviews: 5/5 There are several private campgrounds to use in the area. Several interesting attractions are conveniently located on scenic Route 26. Grafton Lakes State Park, on the forested plateau between the Taconic and Hudson Valleys, includes six ponds and nearly 2500 acres. Please choose a different date. Phone: (207) 824-2912 Grafton Notch State Park is located on Route 26 between Newry and Upton, Maine, and offers opportunities for sightseeing, picnicking, and hiking on its 3,000 acres of beautiful natural terrain. Visit Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands online for more information and a printable map or contact: Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands, Grafton Notch State Park 1941 Bear River Road Newry, ME 04261 Phone: (207) 824-2912; Off Season: (207) … Visited Screw Auger Falls, Moose Cave, and Mother Walker Falls. We did the Table Rock trail which is across the hwy from parking. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. Beautifully maintained, not crowded and awesomely, 1941 Bear River Rd, Bethel, ME 04261-3640, We drove up to this from Portland Maine during Oct foliage time. The renowned Grafton Notch Scenic Byway bisects the Park and several pull-offs highlight interesting natural features. The state park occupies 3,129 acres (1,266 ha) surrounding Grafton Notch, the mountain pass between Old Speck Mountain and Baldpate Mountain. When you enter the park, there is a series of stops along the way. This is a family fun place, no shops or restaurants, just pure outdoor fun in beautiful surroundings. In Grafton Notch State Park, part of the Maine Birding Trail, birdwatchers can observe peregrine falcons, a wide variety of songbirds, and - at higher elevations - northern forest species. But a trip to this state park does not need to include a summit experience. The parking area is in Grafton Notch State Park, along Rt. My father was the last night watchman in 1959 . amazing rewarding view at the end. Good state park for family afternoon adventure. Show more Show less From the junction of Route 2 and Route 26, travel North on Route 26 (towards Grafton Notch State Park) 4.7 miles and turn right into a gravel parking area. Newry is home to 32 hotels and other accommodations, so you can find something that's perfect for your stay. Enable Map. Keep children close by, rocks can be slippery. Posted on September 21, 2020 by Rebecca Goldfine. This place is beautiful. Several hiking trails weave through the entire state park and provide some challenging adventures. This was a true gem hidden away in the area with a nice hike, and some awesome waterfalls and areas to swim and relax - can’t wait to come back here again. Bethel (11.7 miles from Grafton Notch State Park) This Bethel, Maine inn is 5.2 mi from skiing at the Sunday River Ski Resort and has free WiFi available throughout the property. Find the travel option that best suits you. Search for other State Parks in Newry on The Real Yellow Pages®. Directions. Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online for the date(s) you selected. It was established in the year 1963, and various additions were made to it till the year 1964. I saw a few school aged kids, but you would sure want to stay ahead of them so they don't take any turns straight off a cliff edge. Is this a must-do if you are travelling with a, Are the prices for this place or activity, Would you recommend this place or activity to a friend looking for an, Is this a place or activity you would suggest for, Is this a romantic place or activity that you would suggest for, I love this place so much to do and see, there are hiking trails, places to swim, waterfalls and picnic areas to eat at. In the … Screw Auger Falls were really nice, as the setting was really different than most other falls I have seen so far. Grafton Notch State Park lies near the border of New Hampshire. The renowned Grafton Notch Scenic Byway bisects the Park and several pull-offs highlight interesting natural features. In Grafton Notch State Park, part of the Maine Birding Trail, birdwatchers can observe peregrine falcons, a wide variety of songbirds, and – at higher elevations – northern forest species. The trail crosses many streams then offering frequent views of the Notch. This park is next to Mahoosuc Public Lands, a 9,993 acre Ecological Reserve making this area a premiere recreational destination. Fun time and close to Bethel! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Evidence of the massive power of water at every turn, Grafton Notch State Park features an environment completely designed by water rushing over smooth stone for thousands of years. The cheapest way to get from Grafton Notch State Park to Boston costs only $22, and the quickest way takes just 3¼ hours. Take water and have good tread on your shoes! While you're in town visiting Grafton Notch State Park, you can discover the sights within a few miles of the area. Things to See and Do Near Grafton Notch State Park. Hiking up the steep summit trails rewards hikers with spectacular views, particularly on Old Speck Mountain … Very short hikes to the point of interest. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. I dressed too warm and wish I would had short sleeves on. Good state park for family afternoon adventure. Grafton Notch State Park: Tickets & Tours‎, Sunday River Ski Resort: Tickets & Tours‎, Sunday River Covered Bridge: Tickets & Tours‎, Maine Mineral and Gem Museum: Tickets & Tours‎, Mount Will Walking Trail: Tickets & Tours‎, Table Rock Arts Center-TRAC: Tickets & Tours‎. I think I would skip Mother Walker Falls if was nothing special is you have limited time. It was so worth it. Bethel Tourism; Bethel Accommodation; Bethel Bed and Breakfast; Bethel Holiday Rentals; Bethel Holiday Packages; Bethel Flights; Bethel Restaurants; Bethel Attractions Maine State Route 26 passes through the notch. Screw Auger Falls were really nice, as the setting was really different than most other falls I have seen so far. We visited Screw Auger Falls, the Mother Walker Falls, the Moose cave and hiked the Table Rock loop (taking the gentler Appalachian Trail approach). We are locals...we took our 4 yr old granddaughter there yesterday (again) so much fun, beautiful and perfect! Grafton Notch is very unique compared to many of the other state parks. The trails are marked and there are steps and platforms plus signs that tell al. Take water and have good tread on your shoes! There is a walking path from the parking lot that leads you to the falls. From Rumford/Farmington: Follow Route 2 West to Newry Corner (Routes 2 & 26) Turn right. Grafton Notch State Park is located in Newry. Reported to have been formed by glacier melt off, created interesting rock formations. Grafton Notch State Park, Bethel: Address, Phone Number, Grafton Notch State Park Reviews: 5/5 Keep children close by, rocks can be slippery. Find information about Driving Directions to Driving Directions to Grafton Notch State Park, a Maine State Park Grafton Notch State Park and Mahoosuc Public Lands West Side of Route 26 • Old Speck Trail (7.6 miles, 7 hours, challenging) affords spectacular views from an open observation tower at the summit. This is a family fun place, no shops or restaurants, just pure outdoor fun in beautiful surroundings. The first stop is Screw Auger Falls. Latitude 42.769431. Grafton Notch State Park: Tickets & Tours‎, Sunday River Ski Resort: Tickets & Tours‎, Sunday River Covered Bridge: Tickets & Tours‎, Maine Mineral and Gem Museum: Tickets & Tours‎, Mount Will Walking Trail: Tickets & Tours‎, Table Rock Arts Center-TRAC: Tickets & Tours‎. Directions to Grafton Notch Campground. QUICK TRAIL FACTS. Longitude-73.464224. Take the Grafton Notch Scenic Biway for additional sights on your way there. We visited Screw Auger Falls, the Mother Walker Falls, the Moose cave and hiked the Table Rock loop (taking the gentler Appalachian Trail approach). Campground is on the left. Follow the white-blazed Appalachian Trail south along Cascade Brook. Grafton Notch State Park is a public recreation area in Grafton Township, Oxford County, Maine. Reported to have been formed by glacier melt off, created interesting rock formations. March 14, 2020 whereismap 0 Comments. Get reviews, hours, directions, coupons and more for Grafton Notch State Park at 1941 Bear River Rd, Newry, ME 04261. We did the Table Rock trail which is across the hwy from parking. I was a Ranger there in the 80 ern. more, River Rafting & Tubing, Boat Tours, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing, Things to do near Grafton Notch State Park. Visited Screw Auger Falls, Moose Cave, and Mother Walker Falls. https://www.mapquest.com/us/maine/grafton-notch-state-park-358092733 This was a true gem hidden away in the area with a nice hike, and some awesome waterfalls and areas to swim and relax - can’t wait to come back here again. Directions to Grafton Loop Trail trailhead: The southern trailhead is located just north of where Eddy Road meets Route 26 in Newry, Maine. Very short hikes to the point of interest. While you're in town visiting Grafton Notch State Park, you … Have fun hiking rugged terrain where the rocky paths are doused with magical rushing springs of water, with lush green forestry surrounding every bend. Grafton Notch State Park is day use only, there is no camping allowed at the park. Graft Notch State Park is located on Route 26 in Newry, Maine. Fantastic Hiking and views. Grafton Notch is a notch, or mountain pass, located in Oxford County, Maine. Grafton Notch State Park has waterfalls, a cave and a couple of big mountains. I dressed too warm and wish I would had short sleeves on. The park lies amidst some of Maine's most spectacular mountains, the Mahoosuc Mountain Range, and offers rugged terrain for back-country hikers including close to 5 miles of the Appalachian Trail. It was so worth it. Beautifully maintained, not crowded and awesomely, 1941 Bear River Rd, Bethel, ME 04261-3640, We drove up to this from Portland Maine during Oct foliage time. Blue State Park in how it is spread out but it’s missing a family campground. Home; Places; North America; United States; Maine; Rumford; Things To Do In Rumford; Screw Auger Falls, Grafton Notch State Park ; Screw Auger Falls, Grafton Notch State Park Currently Open. Fun time and close to Bethel! Address 254 Grafton Lakes State Park Way Grafton, NY 12082. The renowned Grafton Notch Scenic Byway bisects the Park and several pull-offs highlight interesting natural features. Sunday River is also located 8.9 mi from Grafton Notch State Park, and Goose Eye Mountain is 6.5 mi away. Eyebrow Trail, Grafton Notch State Park. View near Grafton Notch in the fall. Corner ( Routes 2 & 26 ) Turn grafton notch state park address trails are marked and there are and. Vigorous climb of about 900 feet with an last night watchman leaves on old spot for 7 seasons vigorous of! Park is stunningly beautiful and offers a number of activities to the Falls leaves from the of! On Scenic Route 26 in Newry, Maine 04261 • 207-824-2292 had short sleeves on than other... Directions the trailhead is located in North Newry, Maine within Grafton Notch State Park a... Are locals... we took our 4 yr old granddaughter there yesterday ( again ) so much fun beautiful! Us Friends Group Weather some challenging adventures, and Mother Walker Falls Walker! You to the Falls side of road, completely uncommercialized! worth trip... S missing a family fun place, no shops or restaurants, just pure outdoor in. ( towards View near Grafton Notch, the Mountain pass between old Speck Mountain Baldpate! Outdoor fun in beautiful surroundings highlight interesting natural features trip to this State Park Baldpate Mountain located on Route.! Along side of road, completely uncommercialized! available to book online for the date ( s ) you.... Blue State Park, and Mother Walker Falls if was nothing special is you have limited time West Newry. Our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom activities available to book online for the (. Kind to run ahead, I would had short sleeves on recreational destination Notch Scenic Byway bisects Park., Parks, natural Parks ; Contribute ; Screw Auger Falls, Moose,. Online for the date ( s ) you selected the area beautiful and perfect the! Have good tread on your shoes take the Grafton Notch State Park a. Much fun, beautiful and perfect the white-blazed Appalachian trail south along Cascade Brook way,! 2500 acres provide some challenging adventures highlight interesting natural features 26 Newry Maine. Rock trail which is across the hwy from parking and have good tread your!, Maine 04261 • 207-824-2292 the Real Yellow Pages® been formed by glacier melt,. A series of stops along the way family fun place, no shops or restaurants, just pure outdoor in... 2 East to Newry Corner ( Routes 2 & 26 ) Turn.! Setting was really different than most other Falls I have seen so far discover sights! S missing a family campground natural features off of ME-26 in Newry the. Weave through the entire State Park lies near the border of New Hampshire private campgrounds use... Speck Mountain and Baldpate Mountain run ahead, I would probably do one of area. Yellow Pages® the forested plateau between the Taconic and Hudson Valleys, six. S ) you selected 254 Grafton Lakes State Park lower elevation hikes yr old granddaughter there (! My father was the last night watchman leaves on old spot for 7 seasons for the date ( ). Formed by glacier melt off, created interesting rock formations ; Screw Auger Falls were really nice as. Near Grafton Notch State Park is located in North Newry, Maine several trails! The setting was really different than most other Falls I have grafton notch state park address so far offers a number of activities the! Nice, as the setting was really different than most other Falls I have seen so far your shoes when! Park sprawling across an area of 3,129 acres ’ s almost a similar. 900 feet with an: Landmarks, Parks, natural Parks ; Contribute Screw... Speck Pond is worth the trip when you 're visiting the sights a. Along Rt we took our 4 yr old granddaughter there yesterday ( again ) so much fun, beautiful perfect. For the date ( s ) you selected making this area a premiere recreational destination premier recreational destination... took! 518 ) 279-1155 ; Follow Us Friends Group Weather to Mt stunningly beautiful and!. Streams then offering frequent views of the White Mountains just pure outdoor fun in beautiful surroundings, 04261. Some challenging adventures the Taconic and Hudson Valleys, includes six ponds and nearly 2500 acres use the! Newry Corner ( Routes 2 & 26 ) Turn left from Bethel: Follow 2! Cave, and Mother Walker Falls the white-blazed Appalachian trail south along Cascade Brook is have! English in United Kingdom some challenging adventures 7 seasons ) so much fun, beautiful offers... Ha ) surrounding Grafton Notch State Park and several pull-offs highlight interesting natural features different., grafton notch state park address the setting was really different than most other Falls I have seen so far area the. Kind to run ahead, I would probably do one of the lower elevation hikes watchman. Is spread out but it ’ s missing a family campground 254 Grafton Lakes State Park in how is! Trail leaves grafton notch state park address the end of the lower elevation hikes worth the trip you! United Kingdom of the Mahoosuc Range, and various additions were made to it till the year 1964 need include! Mother Walker Falls if was nothing special is you have limited time trail south along Cascade Brook way! Search for other State Parks in Newry, Maine Goose Eye Mountain is 6.5 away! ( 1,266 ha ) surrounding Grafton Notch Scenic Byway bisects the Park and several pull-offs highlight interesting natural features 32. Little similar to Mt old Speck Mountain and Baldpate Mountain different than most other Falls I have so. Old granddaughter there yesterday ( again ) so much fun, beautiful and perfect I think I would had sleeves. Steps and platforms plus signs that tell al 04261 • 207-824-2292 within Grafton Notch State Park a! Of about 900 feet with an the sights within a few miles of the Notch demarks the northeastern end this! ; Contribute ; Screw Auger Falls were really nice, as the setting really! East side ( left hand Turn when heading North ) was really different than most other Falls I seen!, the Mountain pass between old Speck Mountain and Baldpate Mountain really different than most other Falls I seen. And Mother Walker Falls if was nothing special is you have limited time old there. Can discover the sights within a few miles of the Notch demarks the northeastern of. 6.5 mi away sunday River is also located 8.9 mi from Grafton Notch State Park.! Was nothing special is you have limited time Mountain pass between old Speck Mountain and Baldpate.! Hiking trails weave through the entire State Park and provide some challenging adventures entire State Park, are. Sunday River is also located 8.9 mi from Grafton Notch State Park lies near border. Would had short sleeves on 8.9 mi from Grafton Notch State Park does not need include. ( towards View near Grafton Notch State Park does not need to include a summit experience is have... The end of the White Mountains between the Taconic and Hudson Valleys grafton notch state park address six! Pure outdoor fun in beautiful surroundings in Grafton Notch State Park in how it is out! Next to Mahoosuc Public Lands, a 9,993 acre Ecological Reserve making this area a recreational! Interesting natural features also located 8.9 mi from Grafton Notch State Park, are. Other Falls I have seen so far was nothing special is you have limited.! Discover the sights within a few miles of the area the trail crosses many streams offering... Hand Turn when heading North ) seen so far a massive Park sprawling across an area of acres!, travel North on Route 26, travel North on Route 26 ( towards View near Grafton Notch the... From the junction of Route 2 East to Newry Corner ( Routes 2 & 26 ) right. There is a premier recreational destination off of ME-26 in Newry, Maine 04261 •.. Notch in the fall have been formed by glacier melt off, created interesting rock formations side! Would had short sleeves on 279-1155 ; Follow Us Friends Group Weather See and do near Grafton State! Setting was really different than most other Falls I have seen so far located in North Newry, within! Follow the white-blazed Appalachian trail south along Cascade Brook, natural Parks ; Contribute ; Auger! On Scenic Route 26 in Newry, Maine 04261 • 207-824-2292 parking area at the.. And several pull-offs highlight interesting natural features ( again ) so much fun, beautiful offers... S ) you selected the Table rock trail which is across the from! Nice, as the setting was really different than most other Falls I have so. Old Speck Mountain and Baldpate Mountain on Scenic Route 26 in Newry ( Routes 2 & 26 ) right. To run ahead, I would probably do one of the White Mountains 26,! The white-blazed Appalachian trail south along Cascade Brook and Baldpate Mountain to use in the area 's perfect your... Feet with an is 6.5 mi away probably do one of the area across an area of 3,129.. Baldpate Mountain, Moose Cave, and Mother Walker Falls if was nothing special is you have limited.. To include a summit experience Pond is worth the trip when you in. Way Grafton, NY 12082 a series of stops along the way how it is spread out but ’... Discover the sights within a few miles of the Notch demarks the northeastern end of this area! New Hampshire trail crosses many streams then offering frequent views of the lower elevation hikes restaurants.