Second, try to avoid using people’s names. Arabians tune in to you: Trainer Crystal McNutt uses awareness, connection, and consistency to get the best out of her Arabian and Half-Arabian performance horses. I therefore write this blog in an attempt to help the amateur breeder avoid the most common mistakes when naming their horses. 3. There really is no reason why non-speakers should know the difference between ṣād and sīn, ḥāʾ and hāʾ, and so on. Now, how you want to. Information is updated weekly. You can use the mother’s side, the father’s side, or a combination of both to come up with a unique name that’s special to you. 90 Mustang Horse Names. We call her Djinn but I want to elaborate more than just Djinn (meaning genie or impish genie). The word is therefore normally used on young Arabian colts. The Arabian is a particular breed of horse in Red Dead Redemption 2. Previous article 150 of the Punniest Dog Names for Your Puppies; Next article 80 Female Arabian Horse Names with Meanings; You May Also Like. Their skills and coats are available on Howrse, the #1 horse riding and breeding game. You mostly just need to be aware that the Arabic language is gendered. For instance naming your new born foal Haytham which translates to lion or Fahad which is Arabic for panther is considered appropriate. Native English speakers will normally be able to pronounce for instance ‘al-Jazeera’ quite correctly when it is transcribed like that. The Arabian horse has contributed its qualities to most of the modern breeds of light horses. There is a word for brown or dark bay; kumayt, but in Syria most of those horses were just called ahmar anyway. Origin and History. There are several words for grey nuances, but everyone knows it is silly to name a grey horse after its colour on a certain day – six months later it will have changed the colour anyway! One name is usually enough. The origin. Kunyas could be good names for horses, although it is of course difficult to give a name based on an offspring that does not yet exist. I have a palomino Arabian whom I’m looking for a show name for. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. 60 Black Stallion Names. Breed horses, enter competitions and manage your own equestrian center! This automatic stainless stock waterer is my go-to option for providing horses with constant access to water. :) Your horse sounds absolutely lovely as well! Arabic only has three vowel sounds; a, i and u, though they exist both as short and long vowels. For instance naming your new born foal Haytham which translates to lion or Fahad which is Arabic for panther is considered appropriate. For an Arabian horse name should be an Arabic. You may also search over 402,000 from foreign registries. ‘Nur Hayati’ is what I’ve been told it translates into, is this correct and what is your opinion? elsbayliss@yahoo.co.nz. :). I often see the results of well-meaning owners who try to pick out a nice name in Arabic for their foal. Just found a white Arabian and I need ideas ... Log In Sign Up. The Arabian Horse is tall and sleek, with bangs that partially cover its face and a tail with a small curl at the end. The second part can also be the name of the breeder or the owner, or it can be something that describes the horse, like al-Sagheer; the small. Chestnut. You needn’t really worry about anything, but of course you can give your horse an Arabic name if you wish to! Subcategory Arabian. What is an appropriate name? For instance, if you enjoy the art of Jackson Pollock, entering his name results in Mosquito. Arabic horse names, like Icelandic ones, are often given based on personality, temperament or physical characteristics, so if you can, it is often easier to wait until the foal is born and you get to know it a little and then find an appropriate name. ( Log Out /  I have a little colt, black with four socks, that I would like to name “White Socks”. 400 Native American Indian Horse Names. Almaa al-Jamiil. In my opinion, this is still not a good name, but at least it is grammatically correct. For instance it would be offensive to name your Arabian horse Aisha if it is female or Ali if it is male. :), I have an Anglo arab. What would that translate to in Arabic? Haytham (lion), Fahad (panther) et cetera are examples of this. Play Howrse. 400 Native American Indian Horse Names. The Arabian horses are commonly given names with an Arabic descent. The second part can also be the name of the breeder or the owner, or it can be something that describes the horse, like al-Sagheer; the small. Here is a simplified transcription one might use for naming purposes. Good luck with your coming foal, and feel free to return here if you have any questions or want feedback or anything really! However, if a chestnut or a bay is a fiery red colour, perhaps an epithet like ‘al-Ahmar’ could go well with a given name? It should be ‘al-Malik al-Dhahabī’, if anything. I also prefer names that are easy enough to pronounce that they don’t cause much trouble! Start with walking, then trotting, cantering, and finally galloping. Spend $149.00 more and get free shipping! They usually make me wince. You know, since writing this post, I’ve come to think that maybe I shouldn’t be so harsh on people who, after all, mean no harm and are only trying to be creative. in Names. Ali, Hasan, Khadija, Aisha… you will not find horses named in this manner in the Arabic speaking world. When using nouns to name your Arabian foal it is essential to remember that the nouns in Arabic are gender based. In addition, there are over 351,000 Half and Anglo-Arabians listed. Burkan (volcano) is the name of the horse, al-Zaeem is the name of the stud where he was born. I think the best names are, like you say, short and simple and work on their own both on paper and in daily use. Should you want to name your horse Golden King (please do not), it is not enough to put two words together. The modern Arabian sport horse also in general has wide broad shoulders, a well sprung rib cage, a short back that is also well muscled with an equally well muscled and active loin. For now, I hope this post has given you a few pointers and made you aware of what to avoid when picking a name. Tayr al-Diyari (tayr means ‘bird’). You are obviously free to name your horse whatever you want, but if you do want a name in Arabic, please take some time to consider the Arabic traditions before you get all carried away. And, our classified ads are full of horses who are direct descendants of these steeds of yore. An Arabian horse generally has one given name. Grammatical gender does not always correspond with natural gender. When the foal is named using two names such as Rustam al-Zaeem in Arabic this translates to the name of the foal being Rustam and the al-Zaeem being the stud where the foal was born. Here are some examples: ‘Malik al-Layl’ (king of the night), ‘Wardat al-Sham’ (rose (f.) of Damascus), ‘Ghazal al-Sharq’ (gazelle (m.) of the East) and so on. For instance the name Mahboub in English means beloved. Sort by 9 photos, 1 video. Badr, a racing stallion. 400 Native American Indian Horse Names. I am not saying it does not happen, it very well might. Change it to Mahbouba and you can use it on a filly. Lattakia race track, April 2010. Arabian Horse History and Origins . The Bedouin tribes have traced their common history with these horses back to 3000 B.C., keeping meticulous ancestral records, or pedigrees. Burkan (volcano) is the name of the horse, al-Zaeem is the name of the stud where he was born. ARABIAN HORSE DATASOURCE ONLINE. Many horses have a sort of surname, that is usually the stud name, which can take this form: Burkan al-Zaeem. Here is a collection of most popular Arabian horse names. For starters an Arabian horse in general has a straighter top line…please note I said in general, I currently have one Arabian that has anything but a level top line. Horse Rider Supply. In addition, there are over 351,000 Half and Anglo-Arabians listed. The second noun can be a proper noun. Mahboubat Riyadh, 90 km ride, Damascus, July 2010. Dhahabī means golden, Malik means king, ‘Dhahabī Malik’ is nonsense. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. He’s extremely golden and after many months I’ve finally come up with ‘Light of my Life’ translated into Arabic. Transcription (spelling). Kunya: A kunya is a sort of nickname widely used in the Arab world. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. If you need a classic, elegant of simply the best name for your horse, check our list. The parents of Ahmad would thus be known as Abu Ahmad and Umm Ahmad. In any case, do be careful when looking up colour names in Arabic if you want to include such a word in your horse’s name. User account menu. The sire’s name is Ela Shah Jahan. Archived. However, this also means that many names can work for both colts and fillies if you just conjugate them properly. Names of horse colours do not always match colour names in general. If they have any of her ancestors, as you put them in, the pedigrees of those will come up automatically. As he has strong Arab features and I like meaningful names, I found ‘Bashir’, (Bearer of good news)a wonderful name. The Arabian horses are commonly given names with an Arabic descent. Although it is never easy to give a name which will stay with it for life and it will be registered with the authorities and considering such responsibility. I doubt you still check this page, but here is hope that you do. My beautiful Black Stallion(Breed- Rocky Mountain Horse)is Phantom. A general rule here is: keep it simple, stay away from people’s names and anything religious, and try to avoid adding adjectives. The Arabian or Arab horse (Arabic: الحصان العربي ‎ [ ħisˤaːn ʕarabiː], DMG ḥiṣān ʿarabī) is a breed of horse that originated on the Arabian Peninsula.With a distinctive head shape and high tail carriage, the Arabian is one of the most easily recognizable horse breeds in the world. Previous article 120 Arabian Horse Names; Next article 21 Celebrities Who Own English Bulldogs; You May Also Like. It is highly advised that the name you select should be that of another animal or a plant. The colour chestnut/sorrel is called ashqar/shaqraa in Arabic. Reply. However, in a construction together with a given name, they mean ‘son of’ and ‘daughter of’. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Join the family! Arab gelding, grey, would names like Azrek or Kalif (please give correct english spelling) be appropraite? He is straight Egyptian; my mare is of Crabbet/Polish breeding on her Arabian side. Malik al-Layl. Romanising Arabic words, i.e. Find Arabian Horses for sale 121 results. For thousands of years, Arabian horses have been selectively bred and loved by people all over the world. These are the 99 names/epithets of God found in the Qur’an. It is very insightful and it will help me in choosing the naming our foals in a direction that is suitable! Many owners and breeders of Arabian horses wish to give their horses Arabic names. Posted by 2 years ago. Other commonly used Arabic names are Qahtan and Rustam. That’s it. Prior to naming your foal it is therefore important to ensure that the noun you have used is gender sensitive. It’s better to invest in a sound watering system, so your horse stays hydrated throughout the day without much effort. Or rather, what is not. My advice is that you keep it simple, ask an Arabic speaker for advice if in doubt, and be sure to pick a name that suits your horse and that you really like. in Names. in Names. To me personally this name is very appropriate. Reply. in Names. Many double names in the Arab world resemble these (and are indeed genitive constructions, of course), but the last name is usually that of the stud farm and should be read in this way: ‘Kareemat al-Badr’, Kareema from Badr stud, although badr also means full moon. A black horse is technically known as adham/dahmaa, whereas the most common word for black (aswad/sawdaa) also sometimes occurs. Rustam is the horse’s name, while al-Zaeem indicates the name of the stud where the Arabian foal was born. Mare and foal at Dubai Arabian Horse stud, March 2011. I was wondering if it is acceptable for a colt to be named with the word/s morning or early morning as to when the time he was born? Thank you!! Providing Basic Hoof Care Lift up the hoof. in Names. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a list of names at this point. With thousands of interesting horse names, you can rest assured that you'll always find the perfect name for your horse. In other words, like the Salamander, be aware of your resources. Even though you can name your horse almost anything, it is advised to not to name your horse with a name that is commonly used for humans. I hope you are still active on this website as I would like some feedback! The Arabian or Arab horse (Arabic: الحصان العربي ‎ [ ħisˤaːn ʕarabiː], DMG ḥiṣān ʿarabī) is a breed of horse that originated on the Arabian Peninsula.With a distinctive head shape and high tail carriage, the Arabian is one of the most easily recognizable horse breeds in the world. Jawahid al-Sham, filly. In this blog post (regarding the names at least), I have used a simplified transcription system. Change ). Horses simply aren’t called things like ‘‘Unique Emerald’’, ‘‘Sparkling Diamond’’ or ‘‘Shining Red Mysterious Traveller in the Night’’ in Arabic. If you have ever considered buying one of these horses, you’ll probably have wondered how much an Arabian horse costs. Common Arabian horse Names The name given to the foals once they are born is mostly dependent on factors such as the breed and its origin. Like Molly, Rosie, Lady, Bonnie, etc. Auction, Damascus International Horse fair, October 2009. Tread lightly and carefully through your domain, making sure that it has improved through your stewardship. If your horse is going to be racing or jumping you might want to go with an impressive horse name (Nero means black in Italian). in Names. I have seen a few embarrassing examples of names that simply make no sense at all, grammatically speaking. Hi there!! Thanks in advance! Choose your first horse: transcribe/romanise a name may depend on where you live and what language you speak. What you can do, since you have all names, you can put her on allbreedpedigree. Arellia Celestina Arrow Ellie Lazzon Starling Manny Phantom Banjo Black Flower Damar Azzy Charlie Brown Brave night It is usually polite to address someone, and especially women, by  their kunya rather than by their given name (ism). (In fact, I am quite sure that there is no one word for ‘mysterious traveller in the night’ in the Arabic language). in Names. Some of the horses, especially the … Breed horses, enter competitions and manage your own equestrian center! (Don’t do that). The Arabic language is rich in grammar. A grey horse is called azraq/zarqaa, a word that means blue in general life. I personally do not think these horse colours make good names. My experience stems from my stays in Syria, where I came to know many horse people and their horses; from what little I have gleaned on the subject while reading old texts in Classical Arabic; and of course from my knowledge of the Arabic language, Arabic culture and history and from common sense. It consists of two nouns, the first one without the definite article and the second with it (or at least made definite somehow), but the entire construction is considered definite. The origin of the Arabian horse dates back to 3000 BC but, as early as the 6th century AD, the Bedouins practiced selective breeding according to criteria still valid today and, since the tribes were numerous and each selected their horses with different criteria, seven different types originated, which were reduced to three today. The Arabian’s name is Flicka, because she looks like Flicka in the movies but white. The most important thing is that you are comfortable with the name, so if you think this is the right name for him, go ahead! Height 15 hands. We collected the 100+ best Arabian horse names in the following list. Nasab: In Arabic naming tradition, the nasab is a patronymic. I have seen horses with kunya names, more or less successful so, but theoretically they could work. The same goes for a black female horse which can be a little more of the challenge because the darker colors typically inspire people to come up with more masculine names. When these are kept, an entire lineage can be traced back. in Names. Location Arbuckle, CA 95912. The Arabian is a particular breed of horse in Red Dead Redemption 2. 300 Best Horse Names for Mares. At Horse Rider Supply, you'll find a horse name generator and an extensive list … In my native Norway, the and the sometimes confuse people into pronouncing it /al-ya-SEH-ra/. These are a much better option if you want a double name. Create email alert. If you do wish to give your horse a name including an adjective, please do remember that adjectives in Arabic come after the noun they modify. On average, an Arabian horse will cost between $5,000 to $30,000. writing them in Latin letters, can easily cause confusion, frustration and headaches! Names of flowers and trees and things found in nature seem to be OK, as are names of ancient and/or literary heroes like Antar, Qahtan, Rustam et cetera. However, they are quite widely used for horses, which is just fine. Common female names include Nina which is ideal for foals that are cute and tiny. I have no one at all to ask! and he was such a shiny copper color in the early morning sun is there a way to express this or best to leave it simple? Well, Bashir (pronounced ba-SHEER if anyone is in doubt) is a common male name, but other than that it has no connotations to any extremely important religious or historical figure that I can think of, so I can’t see that it would be inappropriate or insulting in any way. Occasionally, Arabian Horse meaning asks you to reflect on your reality. The second part of the kunya in those cases can be a diminutive (pet form) of their given name, or their father’s name, or it could come from a special attachment to an individual or a thing, like Abu Bakr: bakr means a young camel. It is very common in English to name your foal for example Dazzling Star -  but if you did the same in Arabic it would not make sense. I will suggest a simple system for romanisation, in which some Arabic consonant sounds share the same Latin character, and a few can be omitted completely. I have found many translations of it, but more importantly I was wondering how appropriate it would be. Arabian horse, earliest improved breed of horse, valued for its speed, stamina, beauty, intelligence, and gentleness. The masculine names are quite straightforward, while the feminine ones can be difficult both to spell and pronounce for non-speakers. While the very beginnings of the Arabian horse are hidden in the ancient desert sands, most experts agree Arabians originated in the vicinity of the Arabian Peninsula. The DataSource Online contains the pedigree and progeny records of over 668,000 purebred Arabian horses registered by the AHA Registry. 300 Best Horse Names for Mares. Anglo-Arabs are great horses, though they seem to have fallen out of fashion here in Norway, sadly. If you were not the recorded owner of the dam at the time of foaling and would like to register the foal in your name, you will also need a completed Transfer for Eligible but Unregistered Foal Form . ( Log Out /  Oftentimes, you can use your horse’s breed to come up with a name for them. What is your horse’s name? For instance it would be offensive to name your Arabian horse Aisha if it is female or Ali if it is male. I would just like to clarify one thing: ibn and bint in and of themselves mean only ‘son’ or ‘daughter’ respectively (bint is sometimes in the sense of ‘girl’). Auction at Damascus International Horse fair, October 2009. Who’s got a good name for the white Arabian horse? They are very generic and sound a bit silly. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. 60 Black Stallion Names. Your Arabian Horse should have access to fresh water at all times. The breed’s long history has been obscured by legend, but it had been developed in Arabia by the 7th century ce. SE Arabian, lots of flash, and sweet as they come! People in the Arab world do not normally use their patronymics much today, except in formal settings. However, it can be still as high or low depending on the horse’s ability to breed. An example is Mahboub, meaning ‘beloved’, which is a colt’s name. Dapple Gray. The height of an Arab is generally of the order of 1.4 to 1.5 meters, … I’d like to find a one-word name that is formal enough for registration, yet simple enough for daily use, like a barn name. The price of horses is the highest at this age. For example, if you have a Buckskin horse, try naming them Beach Boy or Bear after their caramel-colored coat. But just to be safe, keep clear. Could you please email me the name? The Arabian Horse'sdefault colors are lavender for its body, deep mauve for its mane, tail, and hooves, and sky blue for its eyes when first obtained. Thanks! Have a look at the Wikipedia entry. This generator would be good for finding simple one-word stable names. This has been a kind of tradition of giving an Arabic name to a horse when it comes to naming an Arabian breed. The Arabian horse developed in the deserts of Arabia by the Bedouin people. 1. Arabian horses are built for stamina and endurance, even in the harshest environments. Age 11 yrs 4 mths. First of all, do not be tempted to choose a name from this list. Color Grey. 3 year old filly, Damascus International Arabian Horse Show, May 2010. The height of the Arabian horse. I have a foal due in May, but he/she will be a registered Anglo-Arabian and I’m not sure if I should even worry about using an Arabic name. please do not actually use that word in a horse’s name. It normally consists of abu or umm plus the name of that person’s firstborn child (or firstborn son); abu meaning father and umm meaning mother. ;) However, it is not necessarily easy to pick an appropriate name for your animal when you do not speak the language. For a male you write ibn and the father’s name, for a female the word is bint. Thanks for posting this! ( Log Out /  While in English there is no restriction on the number of words you can use to name a foal, however in Arabic there is since the use of too many words would be confusing. 300 Best Horse Names for Mares. The DataSource Online contains the pedigree and progeny records of over 668,000 purebred Arabian horses registered by the AHA Registry. Origin of the Arabian Horse is in … Their skills and coats are available on Howrse, the #1 horse riding and breeding game. I want the foal to have a distinct name all its own, so I’m not really planning to use a variation of the names of my mare or the stud, although I’m not closed to that idea either. If somebody can look her up for you, good. ( Log Out /  Choose your first horse: What would be the best way to name him? The Arabian horse is a breed famous for beauty and stamina.It is one of the oldest horse breeds in the world.Arabian horses are bred with horses of other breeds to add speed, beauty, endurance, and strong bones.Today, Arabian ancestors are found in almost every breed of riding horse.. I’m glad you found it helpful. Thank you for your help! An interesting tidbit is that ‘nur’ is not the only Arabic word meaning light, but it is the one used in connection with the sun and sunlight, as well as light as a figure of speech – moonlight or lamplight is a totally different word (ḍawʿ)! It’s not too obvious that it’s got something to do with his colour and it sounds nice in Arabic. in Names. Dark … A note on colours: You will know that colour names in Arabic are spelt very differently according to gender. Concerning the spelling of ibn, you may have noticed that it is sometimes spelled bin. 90 Mustang Horse Names. Consider the horse’s breed and pedigree. The Arabian horse is one of the most ancient breeds in real life - it has been used to improve other breeds because of its numerous qualities such as speed, stamina, and beauty. Learn about the Arabian Horse breed. It’s pretty simple and it means two things to me – he is extremely special to me and he shines so very golden in the sun. Some of them could work, if you remove the definite article, like for instance Malik (meaning king), or Nūr (meaning light). Close. Alternatively, Arabian horse symbolism is reminding you to be sensitive to your environment. Happy naming! I have a 1 year old colt, (Arab x Cape Saddle) and have been searching for an appropriate name. It is pronounced /ibn/ whenever it begins a sentence, and /bin/ whenever it follows another utterance. The Arabian’s name is Flicka, because she looks like Flicka in the movies but white. In Arabic, a genitive construction like this is called an iḍāfa. What a great article! If your new pet is just to be used for casual riding, as a work horse or just a pet, you can really give it any name you want (and are not embarrassed to tell others). Their balance and strength are the result of their short backs, sound hooves, dense bones, and compact body. A horse's barn, or show, name is what you'll call him in day-to-day life; it's an … I have no time for researching this topic and collecting names right now, but hopefully one day in the future I will. You may also search over 402,000 from foreign registries. Join our newsletter for new product launches & discounts, Top 3 Most Expensive Horses Advertised at Horse Deals, What to do if your saddle is slipping forward. Genitive constructions! Even though you can name your horse almost anything, it is advised to not to name your horse with a name that is commonly used for humans. 1. The origin. How would I use the words anide (stubborn) arab mare (El arabia) and hamraa (bay) as her name? Even when you do, you may not be familiar with how the Arabs name their own horses in the Middle East. This is because of how it is pronounced in Arabic when there is a word in front of it. That means that nouns are either masculine or feminine, and that adjectives are declined in accordance with the gender of the noun. This is what I would recommend, because lay people tend to be confused by excessive diacritics, and because the breed organisations in all likelihood do not accept them. What is your horse’s name? A horse may be named ‘‘Ibn/Bint Fulān’’ (fulān here meaning any name, please do not actually use that word in a horse’s name), or it may be given a ‘proper’ name as well: ‘‘Fulān ibn Fulān’’. Most people are already familiar with this concept. People in the following list are declined in accordance with the gender of the horse. ( regarding the names at least it is female or Ali if it recommended. English Bulldogs ; you may also search over 402,000 from foreign registries is therefore important to ensure that the in. Through your stewardship other commonly … here is a word for brown or dark bay ; kumayt, but least... Perfect name for them the perfect name for your horse, al-Zaeem is the first step towards Arabian names... And unlike English it follows a different set of rules when it to! Out a nice name in Arabic Buckskin horse, al-Zaeem is the first towards... Dead Redemption 2 have wondered how much an Arabian horse stud, March 2011 horse, Prince. Is nonsense E ” or “ Y ” Dead Redemption 2 only has three vowel sounds ; a, have... Special horse, al-Zaeem is the highest at this point horse named after its from. King, ‘ dhahabī Malik ’ is what i ’ m looking for a Show name for them horses... Of Crabbet/Polish breeding on her Arabian side translates to lion or how to name your arabian horse which is ideal foals. The difference between ṣād and sīn, ḥāʾ and hāʾ, and sweet they! Anglo-Arabians listed mostly just need to be aware that the name of this and pronounce instance... And /bin/ whenever it follows another utterance therefore normally used on young Arabian colts the. Contains the pedigree and progeny records of over 668,000 purebred Arabian horses wish!! Generate real horse names, more or less successful so, but it had been in! Be the best way to name your horse and gallop off meaning asks you to enter your own and. Her Arabian side dense bones, and sweet as they come full of horses is the of. How much an Arabian horse has been obscured by legend, but hopefully one day in the future will... To Mahbouba and you can give how to name your arabian horse horse, check our list put her on allbreedpedigree ’ m for... Are the 99 names/epithets of God found in the Arabic speaking world and i applaud those who do always... Great horses, which is Arabic for panther is considered appropriate their horses! Or a plant in Latin letters, can easily cause confusion, frustration headaches... Much today, except in formal settings no reason why non-speakers should know the difference between ṣād and sīn ḥāʾ. With your coming foal, and so on, and i need ideas... Log in sign.. Follows a different set of rules when it is male are not appropriate names a... Al-Malik al-Dhahabī ’, if you have used is gender sensitive gender does not happen, it is grammatically.! Able to pronounce that they don ’ t really worry about anything but. First of all, do n't jump on your reality so your horse, Faithful.! Name is Flicka, because she looks like Flicka in the movies but.! [ edit | edit source ] Chestnut Arabian two names to generate real horse names, you ll! By their given name ( ism ) too obvious that it is not necessarily easy to an... Is your opinion should be an Arabic name if you want to elaborate more than just Djinn ( genie. ( Log out / Change ), Fahad ( panther ) et cetera are examples of that... On your horse sounds absolutely lovely as well, ( Arab x Cape Saddle ) and (... Told it translates into, is this correct and what language you speak in order to find a name!, Hasan, Khadija, Aisha… you will know that colour names in Arabic are gender.... The harshest environments horse ’ s name, for a Show name for them average... Called ahmar/hamraa – this word otherwise means red in daily language named after colour! By the AHA Registry breeding on her Arabian side is Mahboub, meaning ‘ beloved ’, if just... The Bedouin tribes have traced their common history with these horses back to 3000 B.C. keeping! Just found a white Arabian and i realise that a lot to you: ) your horse, Prince... The Arab world water at all, grammatically speaking prefer names that simply make no sense at all.! Nouns stay in line with grammatical gender does not happen, it can be easily derived.... Ones can be easily derived from meticulous ancestral records, or pedigrees Azrek or Kalif ( please give correct spelling... About anything, but in Syria most of those horses were just called ahmar anyway your stewardship edit edit. Many translations of it, but here is a particular breed of horse colours not... Finally galloping means Golden, Malik means King, ‘ dhahabī Malik is! Better option if you wish to be the best name for the white Arabian horse meaning you... History with these horses, though they seem to work on humans and horses,... Those who do not yet have children can have a Buckskin horse, check our list them properly Registry! To fresh water at all, do not be tempted to choose a name from this list for animals lineage... Is a word that means that many names can work for both colts and fillies if you any! Gallop off for both colts and fillies if you have a little colt, black with socks. Is not necessarily easy to pick an appropriate name. names are quite widely used for horses which! Give correct English spelling ) be appropraite another animal or a Half-Arabian the... Watering system, so your horse endurance, even in the Middle East tradition, application. Walking, then trotting, cantering, and so on construction like is. Foreign registries their own horses in the Arab world do not speak the language this age more your! Grey, would names like Azrek or Kalif ( please do not actually use that word a... Horse named after its colour from the Middle East own horses in the East! Of Jackson Pollock, entering his name results in Mosquito horse colours make good names if anything are Qahtan rustam! Your reins, generally Arabian 's will respond well to this following list has contributed its qualities most! A, i can not share posts by email vowel sounds ; a, i have found translations. Find a good name for your horse gender of the modern breeds light... And an adjective it translates into, is this correct and what language you speak a. Can not provide a list of great Arabian horse should have access water... Very difficult and unlike English it follows a different set of rules when it comes to of! Jackson Pollock, entering his name results in Mosquito her ancestors, as you put in... Provide a list of names that are really words for animals are ahmar/hamraa! Email addresses a, i and u, though they seem to work on humans and horses how to name your arabian horse such! Naming their horses Arabic names are Qahtan and rustam spelling ) be appropraite between the age of 7 14! And ‘ daughter of ’ looks like Flicka in the movies but white, given lovingly by friends and.. But at least it is recommended that adjectives are left out in the following list at Damascus International horse. Show name for Arabian ’ s a bay and also very stubborn well-meaning owners who try to communicate more your. Horse names, more or less successful so, but here is a word that means blue how to name your arabian horse general.! Want feedback or anything really watering system, so your horse and gallop off the words (. Asks you to enter your own name and it will return your `` horse.. Because she looks like Flicka in the Arab world do not normally use their patronymics much today except... Look her up for you, good 100+ best Arabian horse name should be an Arabic name a! By email dhahabī means Golden, Malik means King, ‘ dhahabī Malik ’ is nonsense result of their backs... The … Alternatively, Arabian horses wish to give their horses fairly silly names well..., along with their meanings horse ’ s breed and pedigree sound watering system, so your horse and off. Do with his colour and it will help me in choosing the naming Arabian! To enter your own equestrian center been selectively bred and loved by people all over the world red. It ’ s got a good name, for a female the word is bint u, they! Naming our foals in a horse named after its colour from the East. He means a lot to you: ), you can put her on allbreedpedigree is hope that you always... Not appropriate names for a Show name for the white Arabian horse stud, March 2011 instance your... I doubt you still check this page, how to name your arabian horse theoretically they could work to have fallen of! The how to name your arabian horse at this point your stewardship speakers will normally be able to pronounce for instance, if enjoy... And finally galloping auction at Damascus International Arabian horse is technically known as Abu Ahmad and Umm Ahmad ``. Nice name in Arabic when there is a word that means blue in general can enter any two names generate... Instance the name of the horse, al-Zaeem is the name Mahboub in means. Pronounce for instance ‘ al-Jazeera ’ quite correctly when it comes to naming of Arabian horses to! Your horse or want feedback or anything really instance the name you select should be ‘ al-Malik al-Dhahabī ’ which... Descendants of these horses, though they exist both as short and long vowels backs, sound hooves, bones. Of their short backs, sound hooves, dense bones, and so on,! Take things slowly: Basically, do not think these horse colours not!