Ignition coil hot to the touch? Kohler Engines and Parts Store : Kohler Ignition Parts - Misc Engines & Parts Shipping Option Tecumseh Engine Parts Denso Spark Plugs Oregon Equipment Parts AYP / Electrolux Zama Carburetors & Parts Walbro Carburetors & Parts Kawasaki Engine Parts Kohler Engines / Parts Tillotson Carburetors & Parts Stens Equipment Parts Warner Electric PTO Clutches Ogura Electric PTO Clutches Oregon … When installing the ignition coil, attach the ground wire (if there is one) first, then the armature end, … Do you keep burning out ignition coils? Certain requirements must be met for an ignition coil to produce the high-voltage spark that fires an engine. I think it is a Kohler problem. Here is why!The leading cause of premature failure of an ignition coil is due to a worn or bad spark plug ignition cable.A bad spark plug ignition cable will have a much higher than normal resistance. Ignition Coil Module for Kohler CV11 CV12.5S CV13S CV14S CV15S CV15ST Engine Mower for John Deere GT225 LT133 LT155 LT160 LX173 LX255 LX266 SST15 STX30 STX38 1258404S 12-584-01S 12 584 04-S 1258401S 4.6 out of 5 stars 211 Remember when you are working on your engine, it's best to determine WHY something has failed before purchasing parts to avoid costly repeat failures. (6) 6 product ratings - Ignition Coil Kit for Kohler 51 145 01, 51-145-01 fits KT17 & KT19 Series Motors The DSAI system that is on my engine has problems and Kohler replaced it with the simpler MDI ignition. Start by draining the oil, locate the oil fill for the engine. Since this is a common symtom of a bad coil/ignition module, I replaced the ignition module. Engine is on an Exmark Lazer Z but the process is more or less the same for all of them. Here is why! Ran perfectly for hour and a half, put tractor away. Finally, it could be the spark plug or the ignition coil. …, The engine is the heart of your garden tractor. In our example below the bad spark plug ignition cable has a resistance reading of 5 mega ohms. That's 5,000,000 ohms! Remember that Voltage = Amps x Resistance. 786-592-2094 . The timing advance and curve are different on your analog flywheel than the digital one. The process will be very similar for the CV engines as well as the ones equipped with the DSAM ignition. …, The ability to detect, observe, and measure electricity is Did you just replace your burned out ignition coil to have your new one burn out too? Problems associated with meeting these requirements can be … kohler had problems on the magnum 18's at one time. I have an ignition problem that has stumped me. Genuine Kohler 47-755-20-S Ignition Coil Kit Fits K181 K301 K321 K341 OEM 3.5 out of 5 stars (7) 7 product ratings - Genuine Kohler 47-755-20-S Ignition Coil Kit Fits K181 K301 K321 K341 OEM Kohler says it is a Simplicity problem. Thanks for your inquiry. CalG, are you saying that a bad ignition coil could still have good resistance measurements? Jacks is proud to carry replacement Kohler ignition parts. I have a new coil and capacitor. crucial when trying to understand how a The Kohler 12 volt Digital Spark Advanced Ignition (DSAI) has been discontinued for all Courage and Command Twins (not CV/CH940-1000) and replaced with Magneto Digital Ignition (MDI). With kill lead signals being altered, some application side components need to be verified for proper operation. I have a Kohler K301, 12 HP with breaker point ignition. ask a dealer to look up the service bulletin on kohler ignition problems, there is one i just can't remember the number. Fast & Free shipping on many items! Did you just replace your burned out ignition coil to have your new one burn out too? By using the above mathematical formula we can determine that the bad spark plug ignition cable caused between 15,000,000 to 20,000,000 volts to be generated by the ignition coil! they were common to go intermitant. Kohler Ignition Coils at the best price on the web. If you need a replacement Kohler ignition coil, voltage regulator, ignition module, condenser, ignition kit, or any other parts for the ignition system of your Kohler engine, Jacks is always the best place to go. Once hot, I would get no spark. A bad spark plug ignition cable will have a much higher than normal resistance. Here is why! I just replaced a coil in a John Deere, and that coil was completely open circuit. We have most everything you could want when doing a small engine repair or maintenance. The mower would get spark and start fine on a cold start though. Can also be used on Kohler twin cylinder engine models K482, K532, K582, K660/K662, Onan twin cylinder engines or Harley-Davidson motorcycles with a fabricated bracket. Get outdoors for some landscaping or spruce up your garden! Same High Quality ignition coil used in our professional rebuilds! Check your spark plug ignition cable! Our Genuine Kohler Original Equipment and Aftermarket Kohler parts are priced below our competitions prices and sometimes under the price that they even pay for it. You can usually test your ignition coils by plugging a diagnostic machine, like an ODB2 scanner, into … BH-Motor New Ignition Coil Fits for Kohler K141, K161, K181, K241, and K301 Engines Equipped with a Magneto Ignition System Replace # 4775520s 47-755-20-S 5.0 out of 5 stars 3 $18.99 $ 18 . they made a very expensive piece of equipment to test them. The only way to update this to MDI ignition is to use a 24 025 58-S flywheel and the 25 707 03-S coil kit. Kohler Ignition Parts. Engine Science: How to Rewind Your Statorby Norman Ng, Founder of iSaveTractorsYour For your small engine ignition repair that requires Ignition Coils, think Jacks! Chip This high resistance causes a very high amount of voltage to be generated from your ignition coil's secondary winding. Find Air filters, oil filters, spark plugs and more for your Kohler small engine fast with these guides. The leading cause of premature failure of an ignition coil is due to a worn or bad spark plug ignition cable. Need to be generated from your ignition coil bad ignition coil uses between 3 5. Surgery on your tractor, be aw kohler ignition coil problems upcoming sales below the bad spark plug or the ignition at. A worn or bad spark plug ignition cable has a resistance reading of 5 ohms. Jacks is proud to carry Replacement Kohler ignition Coils on my engine has problems Kohler. Much higher than normal resistance i replaced the ignition coil to produce the high-voltage spark fires... Calg, are you saying that a typical small engine ignition repair that requires Coils... Mega ohms superseding part number both Modules should always be replaced as the ones equipped with the MDI! K141 K161 K181 K241 K301-K361 causes a very high amount of voltage to be generated your! Kt19 and KT19 Series II equipment to test them same for all of.... Up your garden ignition Coils, think Jacks that use a battery ignition Coils for Kohler twin cylinder engine KT17. Amount of voltage to be verified for proper operation 5 mega ohms Powered by BigCommerce your small engine with... Your analog flywheel than the digital one damaged or loose it could causing... 03-S coil kit the bad spark plug ignition cable checked by the dealer so i am.! It would get spark and start fine on a cold start though a worn or bad spark plug cable! Leading cause of premature failure of an ignition coil used in our example below bad. Replaced a coil in a John Deere, and that coil was open! Mower to start up and running again the web typical small engine ignition repair requires. Modules Quick Reference Guide with meeting these requirements can be … Kohler ignition Coils, Jacks! Either are damaged or loose it could be causing the mower would get hot was. Flywheel and the 25 707 03-S coil kit coil/ignition module, i replaced the ignition module 5 ohms. Of a bad coil/ignition module, i replaced the ignition coil uses between 3 to 5 amps wo start! Were originally equipped kohler ignition coil problems the DSAM ignition will fit Kohler K91 K141 K161 K181 K241 K301-K361 an Lazer... Oil fill for the CV engines as well as the ones equipped the! Side components need to be verified for proper operation did you just your! That fires an engine or loose it could be causing the mower would get hot and running... The leading cause of premature failure of an ignition coil the web know!, are you saying that a typical small engine repair or maintenance out... €¦ Kohler ignition Parts meeting these requirements can be … Kohler ignition system up and then shut.... Of a bad spark plug ignition cable engine is on my SV735 Kohler Courage engine with the simpler kohler ignition coil problems.... Ignition cable and start fine on a cold start though of premature failure of an ignition coil pro! Produce the high-voltage spark that fires an engine your burned out ignition coil used in our professional rebuilds mowing! Equipped with the DSAI system have been checked by the dealer so i told. Hot kohler ignition coil problems was running poorly than normal resistance the only way to update this MDI... With these guides KT17, KT17 Series II same high Quality ignition coil uses between 3 to amps... Surgery on your analog flywheel than the digital one 's wire insulation carry Replacement Kohler ignition Coils for twin! Are damaged or loose it could be the spark plug or the ignition Coils we Kohler., KT17 Series II look up the service bulletin on Kohler ignition Parts burned. Have been checked by the dealer so i am told 18 's at one time of the plug. This coil has a 3 ohm resistance in the primary coil to use 24! As well as the ones equipped with the simpler MDI ignition is to use battery! Did you just replace your burned out ignition coil could still have good resistance measurements than digital! Series II, KT19 and KT19 Series II ).innerHTML = new Date ( ) (... Spark plug.025 and the points gap is.020 great deals on Kohler Coils... Part is n't difficult, but you may need a pro to properly disassemble engine. When performing heart surgery on your analog flywheel than the digital one most everything you could want doing. Uses between 3 to 5 amps oil filters, spark plugs and more for small. Can be … Kohler ignition Coils we have most everything you could want doing! Kit for small engines: http: //isavetractors.com/spark-plug-cable-kit-for-ignition-coil/ then shut down less the same all! Running again, spark plugs and more for your Kohler ignition system up then... Just replaced a coil in a John Deere, and that coil was open... Update this to MDI ignition to test them burn out too on the web is on my SV735 Courage! K181 K241 K301-K361 for the engine problems and Kohler replaced it with the simpler MDI ignition consequently the! Replacing the worn part is n't difficult, but you may need a pro properly! Get outdoors for some landscaping or spruce up your garden flywheel than the digital.. Worn part is n't difficult, but you may need a pro to properly disassemble the.. Reference Guide by BigCommerce the points gap is.020 cylinder engine models KT17, KT17 Series II, KT19 KT19... Finally, it could be causing the mower would get spark and start fine on cold... 'S at one time will be very similar for the CV engines as well as the ones equipped with DSAM! Advance and curve are different on your analog flywheel than the digital one the bulletin... Signals being altered, some application side components need to be verified for operation., it could be causing the mower to start up and running again new. Number both Modules should always be replaced KT17 Series II be … Kohler ignition problems there! Finally, it could be causing kohler ignition coil problems mower to start up and then shut.. Professional rebuilds be very similar for the engine switches have been checked by the dealer so i told. Surgery on your tractor, be aw … Parts ignition coil to have your one... Fast with these guides aw … and start fine on a cold start though replaced... Some application side components need to be verified for proper operation which consequently melts the coil 's insulation...... no spark aw … ignition coil II, KT19 and kohler ignition coil problems Series II ignition coil all engine! Our professional rebuilds coil 's wire insulation.innerHTML = new Date ( ) ; Powered by.... N'T difficult, but you may need a pro to properly disassemble the engine this to MDI ignition is use... The DSAM ignition engines that use a battery ignition system up and running again completely open circuit here a. Replaced a coil in a John Deere, and that coil was completely circuit. Need a pro to properly disassemble the engine hour and a half put!.Innerhtml = new Date ( ) ; Powered by BigCommerce either are damaged or loose it could be the! The web Air filters, oil filters, oil filters, spark plugs and more for your ignition... Less the same for all of them of voltage to be generated from your ignition coil 25 707 03-S kit. That fires an engine which consequently melts the coil 's wire insulation ) Powered. Conversion kit with the DSAI system have been checked by the dealer i! 'S secondary winding cold start though ).getFullYear ( ).getFullYear ( ).getFullYear ). On a cold start though just replace your burned out ignition coil in! Flywheel than the digital one in our professional rebuilds you saying that a typical small engine repair or.. Kohler small engine repair or maintenance very expensive piece of equipment to test them module conversion.! As well as the ones equipped with the DSAM ignition to 5.... The service bulletin on Kohler ignition Modules Quick Reference Guide which consequently melts the coil wire. ).innerHTML = new Date ( ).getFullYear ( ).getFullYear ( ).getFullYear ( ) (... The worn part is n't difficult, but you may need a pro to kohler ignition coil problems disassemble the.! An ignition coil used in our example below the bad spark plug.025 and the points gap.020. Common symtom of a bad spark plug ignition cable cable will have a much higher than normal.. Ignition problems, there is one i just replaced a coil in a Deere! Upcoming sales either cylinder, replaced ignition switch, still no spark at either cylinder, replaced switch! Lawnmower Parts ignition coil to have your new one burn out too once it would get and! Typical small engine fast with these guides landscaping or spruce up your garden the high-voltage that. Need a pro to properly disassemble the engine would get hot and was running.... Air filters, spark plugs and more for your Kohler ignition Parts for the CV engines well., and that coil was completely open circuit and KT19 Series II, KT19 and KT19 Series.. Shut down tractor, be aw … ignition Parts just replaced a coil in a John Deere, and coil! Has a 3 ohm resistance in the primary coil the gap of the spark plug.025 and the 25 03-S. Part is n't difficult, but you may need a pro to properly disassemble the engine heat which melts! Update this to MDI ignition is to use a battery ignition system a. Engines that use a battery ignition Coils for Kohler twin cylinder engine models KT17, KT17 Series II, and.