Pair it with our Avalon Handleset to complete the look: SmartCode 914 Touchpad (ZigBee) Smart Lock. Procedure continued on next page 62818 / 01 2 / 18 Technical Support 1-866-863-6584 www.kwikset.com 1 A B About the Mastercode Enabling and Setting the Mastercode Click the check mark on front of lock 4. Three Allen head screws retain the inner cover and are installed with an extra long Allen head wrench. Kwikset 1-866-863-6584 www.kwikset.com *Beeping sound will only be heard if switch #3 is on. This procedure may take a few trials before a cable position is found in which the cable is not unnecessarily pinched during installation. I can lock and unlock the 916 manually or press the A button and then the lock or unlock command works. If pairing is still unsuccessful, consult the Programming and Troubleshooting Guide on the SmartCode 916 page at www.kwikset.com. The Mastercode must be 4-8 digits. 3 Answers. Connect the cable connectors. Press the 'lock' symbol once on the touchscreen. I have it hooked up to my smartthings hub. The SmartCode 916 features a capacitive touchscreen with Kwikset’s patented SecureScreen™ technology to prevent code detection from fingerprints on the touchscreen. Please allow time for the controller to pair with the lock. used to add and delete user codes, but it cannot unlock the door (unless the same code is programmed as a user code, though this is not recommended). Many key-operated auxiliary deadbolts use these same dimensions so in most cases the Kwikset SmartCode 916 is able to replace an existing deadbolt lock with no door modifications. The flat-surface touchscreen is normally darkened and has nothing displayed. Four micro switches located on the inner lock body can be set for showing the lock status by blinking green for unlocked and amber for locked,  setting audio sound when the lock is being operated and setting a SecureScreen feature which places the digits randomly on the screen during each use so the touchscreen cannot be examined for fingerprint marks to identify the code digits being used. Introducing Medeco 4: The Latest Innovation in High Security. Lock and unlock state, battery status all work within ST. Kwikset smartcode 916 has 30 user codes while 916 offers only 16 codes plus a master code. Procedure continued on next page 62818 ev 2 2 / 18 Technical Support 1-866-863-6584 www.kwikset.com 1 A B About the Mastercode Enabling and Setting the Mastercode PROBLEM - When trying to use the touch screen to enter a code, the touch screen does not respond to touch right away. Mike, I have a Kwikset 914 & 916 and noticing that they seem to lose communication with Hubitat. Helpful (0) Unhelpful (0) Report. I successfully added a Kwikset SmartCode 916 to my deco smart hub. The contemporary design complements homes with a modern décor. Smartcode 916 has a touchscreen that contains user-codes and a … Save more money with the biggest store about printable coupons, promo codes, discount & deals. This exercise has to be done periodically if you have shared the user code with multiple people. For example, if you want to delete the third code, add a different user code in position three. 117 results for kwikset deadbolt smartcode Save kwikset deadbolt smartcode to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. Kwikset Smartcode 914 Installation And User Manual. I successfully added a Kwikset SmartCode 916 to my deco smart hub. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. SmartCode at a Glance Deleting a user code In order to delete a user code, you must override the code by adding a different user code in the same position. Kwikset locks are known for their sturdy retainer screws. The deadbolt is available in polished brass, satin nickel or Venetian bronze. Press the 'lock' symbol once on the touchscreen after the new user code has been entered. Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt Review Unknown. Enter Mastercode4. For more information, visit www.kwikset.com. RELATED: Are Smart Locks Secure? See what codes are active. Deleting All User Codes with the Mastercode Enabled1. If you see check mark you did it correctly It offers Kwikset's SmartKey re-key technology that allows homeowners to re-key their locks quickly without having to remove the lock from the door. Answer Save. Design is one area where Kwikset clearly spent some time. After following user code programming instructions above, Install the inner battery cover. If you want a simple smart lock with a keypad, Kwikset’s SmartCode lineup gives you a handful of options to choose from. Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt with Z-Wave Wireless Remote Home Automation Compatibility and SmartKey Re-Key Technology, in Satin Nickel ... using Wink, to see who entered it even to create or delete user codes. Kwikset 5,568 views. For the Traditional or Transitional Homeowner: SmartCode™ 916 Traditional (Amazon Key Edition) is a touchscreen smart lock featuring SecureScreen technology. Next is the most tedious step in the installation. Steven J. Lv 7. available on the SmartCode 916 product page online at www.kwikset.com. SmartCode 916 is the only touchscreen deadbolt that prevents this threat by prompting the user to first touch two random numbers in order to display the full screen to enter the access code. Test the old user code to make sure it can no longer unlock the door. Procedure continued on next page 62818 ev 2 2 / 18 Technical Support 1-866-863-6584 www.kwikset.com 1 A B About the Mastercode Enabling and Setting the Mastercode This review is from Kwikset - Signature Series SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt - Lifetime Polished Brass. I read that is possible, and recommend, to add the access codes using your hub instead of the lock. For more information about the mastercode, consult the online Programming and Troubleshooting Guide.1. Additional user codes are ideal for a large household. Initial activiation will consist of two numbers which are randomly displayed in different locations each time the touchscreen is activated. The Kwikset SmartCode 916 Combo Pack is available in a nickel or dark bronze finish. Remove battery pack from the interior assembly. Lock and unlock state, battery status all work within ST. Is there a way to add/remove codes with the Deco app? Add user codes (30 max) It is recommended that you add and delete all user codes … kwikset smartcode 916? Press the 'check' symbol once. Press “9” six times.8. Lock and unlock state, battery status all work within ST. A supplied trim ring is used to center the outer lock hardware when the lock is installed in a door having a 2 1/8" cross bore. Another critical difference between the two is that 916 has more user-codes compared to 915. Kwikset SmartCode 914 Z-Wave Deadbolt : Smart lock with features. Provided by Coupon Plus Codes Press Lock button once7. ... 910 912 914 / 916 Inside your system’s user interface, navigate to the section in which you can add door locks. Note: Always perform lock programming operations with the door open. This is done for security reasons. I can push … Kwikset will make Z-Wave and ZigBee versions of the SmartCode 916 available to professional installers in the first quarter of 2015. The lock is Z-Wave Plus according to the “manual” that the builder left for me. Press “9” six times.6. In order to add or remove user codes, the inside metal housing must be removed. TOUCHSCREEN ELECTRONIC DEADBOLT 916 Features User Codes Connected Benefits New contemporary design This will delete all codes associated with the lock and reset the lock to factory default settings. I am brand new to Control4. Alas, I cannot how to do it with my Wink hub. SmartCode lock to your system. A mastercode is also available as a security feature which can be programmed into the lock at the descretion of the user. Any attempts to change the user code for a non-existent user will be ignored. With typical touchscreen locks, passcodes can potentially be jeopardized by unwanted guests detecting frequently used numbers and characters from the oily residues left on the touchscreen surface. Enable the master code and follow these steps when the door is open. Despite the challenges of COVID-19, interest in security remains strong, and locksmiths will have to adapt to keep up with the changes. Security on the outside, convenience on the inside. Here’s how to install and set them up. This appears to be the updated version of the Kwikset SmartCode 915 that was offered previously.. After a few seconds, the latch bolt will automatically retract and extend. Codes will be reconciled on each poll() event. The Kwikset latch bolt is easily adjusted for either a 2 3/8" or 2/3/4" backset by twisting the housing. Keep door open. Kwikset smartcode 916 delivers this and much more. I can handle it remotely but mostly i like not having to use my essential. The smart lock can be installed in minutes with just a screwdriver and no hard wiring is needed. See how many times a code is used (reset usage manually) Be notified when a user uses their code. Enter a new user code by pressing the desired numbers on the touchscreen. Press the 'check' symbol once. ... Having a master code gives only one person the ability to add and delete user codes on the lock. All rights reserved. Another nice feature of the SmartCode 916 is that it’s physically smaller than most other electronic door locks on the market. available on the SmartCode 916 product page online at www.kwikset.com. 877-657-2121 Visit Website. How to delete a/all user code(s) on my Smartcode touchscreen? The Kwikset SmartCode 916 is one product which is designed to fill those needs. The lock pairs well with SmartThings and can add & delete user codes within the ST app. Click lock button 5. ... 30 user codes plus master code feature for added security; BHMA grade 2 certified; 20 minute fire rating - UL certified ... 916 SmartCode Traditional Electronic Deadbolt with Z-Wave Technology. Retype master code6. Kwikset Convert replaces the interior part of the lock and is easy to install, program and use. Continuous use of the lock masks the correct access code. Test the new user code to determine that it will operate the Kwikset SmartCode 916 lock. All User Codes Deleted Single User Code Deleted (with user ID) New User Code Added (with user ID) User Code Not Added, Duplicate User Code Id Entered (with user ID) Access CodeExceeds Limit Unlock By RF, Invalid User Code Locked By RF, Invalid User Code Battery Alarm Tamper Alarm SMARTCODE™ 916 CNT TOUCHSCREEN DEADBOLT The mastercode will not operate the Kwikset SmartCode 916 lock but must be used whenever user codes are added or deleted. The Mastercode must be 4-8 digits. Place the Allen wrench (provided) into the top of the screw head on the left side of the battery cover … i cant find anything about this topic in the instruction manual, i want to completely erase the memory or be able to delete individual codes. White dots on the connectors identify correct polarity when making conenctions. Is there a way to add/remove codes with the Deco app? Favorite Answer. Delete codes after they are used*. © 2021 Endeavor Business Media, LLC. Sign up for Locksmith Ledger eNewsletters. User codes must be between four and eight digits in length. Press the 'lock' symbol once. Learn More Here. I have them connected to SmartThings and have been able to use Rboys Lock Multi User app to install multiple codes on the locks. Kwikset unveiled SecureScreen technology and a new, cutting edge design to its keyless entry lock platform with the SmartCode™ 916 Touchscreen Deadbolt in early 2015. Unfollow kwikset deadbolt smartcode to … Jackson Young; September 30, 2019; ... (i use a veralite controller to increase and delete access codes. Should you need any assistance in pairing your lock to the hub, we're more than happy to walk you through it … I am interested in this lock as well but I notice when going through SmartThings Mobile app on my Windows 10 Mobile based device that when I click Add and then Things, Safety and Security, Locks and then Kwikset that the listing shows as Kwikset SmartCode 916 … Click lock button6. Should you need any assistance in pairing your lock to the hub, we're more than happy to walk you through it … Most people who have used Kwikset smartcode 916 are happy with its performance. It features a capacitive touch-screen keypad and a backup keyhole in case the four AA batteries run out; Kwikset claims the batteries will la… When the handing orientation is successful the outer touchscreen will display a vertical row of digits and a flashing checkmark. The Kwikset SmartCode 916 Combo Pack is available in a nickel or dark bronze finish. Should you need any assistance in pairing your lock to the hub, we're more than happy to walk you through it … Kwikset® SmartCode ™ Touchpad ... • Four customizable access codes for increased security • Installs in minutes with just a screwdriver – no hardwiring ... delete and reprogram as needed • Activate or deactivate the systemʼs automatic door locking feature with 30-second delay I would recommend this to a friend. Comment. ... And you can add codes to the Kwikset/Weiser 916 lock from the SmartThings hub? The connected cable must be carefully enclosed into the assembly cavity while installing the interior assembly into the inner mounting plate. After getting my hub out of the box it was packed away in, I waited for the hub to update to the latest version, then started adding the lock to the hub (I’m using the new SmartThings app). Even with a smart home hub their are a few things to be aware of with the 916, you can not add new access codes remotely or unlock the door remotely. How to Create Master Code:1. Click check mark on front of lock 4. Press the lock button once; Enter master code Single combination, early mechanical versions started the march towards the large amount of electronic lock products which are now available. The 'check' symbol and 'lock' symbol will be displayed on the touchscreen. Press the lock symbol once again. Click lock button7. To add a new user code begin by pressing the program button down until the 'check' symbol is displayed on the touchscreen. Any codes created or deleted must be done by the master code. One-touch locking, small interior lock body size, responsive touchscreen, UL certified 20 minte fire rating, SmartKey technology with BumpGuard, BHMA Grade 2 Certified, 30 user codes plus master code, Home Connect technology all available. NEW. In a continuous effort to provide innovative security solutions for homeowners, Kwikset®, the leader in residential door hardware, introduces industry-first SecureScreen™ technology to prevent the problem of “smudge” attacks associated with popular touchscreen and touchpad locks. Commercial Multipoint Locking: A Host of Applications, What to Know About Residential Multipoint Locks, LockeyUSA Launches SUMO GL2LINX — Chain Link Adapter for the SUMO GL2. Kwikset SmartCode 916 features include one-touch locking, small interior lock body size, responsive touchscreen, UL certified 20 minte fire rating, SmartKey technology with BumpGuard, BHMA Grade 2 Certified, 30 user codes plus master code and Home Connect technology incorporating support for Z-Wave and Zigbee. General hole dimensions require an 1 1/2" to 2 1/8" cross bore hole, a 1" edge bore hole and a backset dimension of 2 3/8" or 2 3/4". The lock pairs well with SmartThings and can add & delete user codes within the ST app. The SmartCode 916 is beautiful! When the interior trim and mounting plate are properly fit together,  use two included Phillips screws to retain the interior assembly into the mounting plate. Lock and unlock state, battery status all work within ST. I can unlock/lock it from the Deco app, but can't seem to set unlock codes. After touching the two numbers, the full screen of numbers and icons will be displayed. Open the door and have the latch bolt in the locked, extended position, Then install the battery pack. SmartCode 916 is available in Satin Nickel, Venetian Bronze, and Polished Brass finishes. Performance. Click lock button5. The 914 has a zwave plus board. Kwikset's® Kevo™ Turns Smartphone Into A Key, Kwikset SmartCode: Keyless Technology At Your Fingertips, The Lock that Transformed the Security Industry. 250 customer user codes: Create up to 250 unique user codes for friends, family, or guests that you can disable, or delete from the Kwikset App; Set schedules for custom user codes from your smartphone using the Kwikset app as well The locks all respond to SmartThings App on our phones instantly. A factory reset procedure allows user to simultaneosly remove all existing user codes. The keypad flashes green and beeps three times. The smart lock can be installed in minutes with just a screwdriver and no hard wiring is needed. The SmartCode 916 is BHMA Grade 2 certified (Grade 1 is the highest), uses 128-bit encryption and is outfitted with Kwikset's patented BumpGuard locking bar … In order to stand out today in a field of competitors, keyless locks must have a variety of features to suit many different individual customer needs. 9000 Keele Street Suite 12 Vaughan, L4k 0B3. This lock was in the short list of supported locks. This appears to be the updated version of the Kwikset SmartCode 915 that was offered previously.. Type in old master code 6. The keypad will flash green and you will hear three beeps.2. Shop with confidence. Deleting a Single User Code with the Mastercode DisabledNote: All codes may be deleted at once if the mastercode is enabled. If you see a check mark then you did it correctly How to Delete Master Code:1. It supports the Z-wave home automation system to help you connect devices such as a security system and the lights to give you ultimate control. Kwikset 99160-020 SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Plus Touchscreen Deadbolt Satin Nickel in Deadbolts. Re-enter the existing user code. Activate the display by touching the screen either in the lower left hand corner or by touching a larger part of the screen with a the palm of your hand or or with several fingers. It also offers BumpGuard that … Press Lock button once5. Distance: 4.98 miles away Enter the existing user code by pressing the desired numbers on the touchscreen. 3. I just got a set of kwikset 916 for my home. On the outside of the door the touchscreen looks simple and elegant. This prevents unauthorized persons from using the programming features if they do not know the mastercode numbers. A 'check' symbal on on the lower left is used for programming procedures. WINK. Medeco builds on more than 50 years of lock engineering innovation and takes security to the next level, offering the highest level of protection against physical attack and unauthorized key duplication with Medeco 4 (M4). The existing user code for a large household is learning the orientation ( handing ) of door. Kwikset locks are known for their sturdy retainer screws for more information about the mastercode will not the. Non-Existent user will be displayed on the lower left is used for enabling procedures connected! Critical difference between the two is that 916 has more user-codes compared to 915 with... Enter a new user code, begin by pressing the desired numbers on the touchscreen: all codes be! Retain the inner battery cover door open about printable coupons, promo,. After touching the two numbers, the SmartCode 916 product page online www.kwikset.com! Tedious step in the short list of supported locks please allow time for the Traditional or Homeowner. User will be reconciled on each poll ( ) event Save more money with the mastercode will operate. On each poll ( ) event user codes within the ST app … SmartCode 916 happy. If you see a check mark then you did it correctly how to delete the code. 916 to my Deco smart hub successful the outer cylinder and set them up the deadbolt ) report extended locked. The flat-surface touchscreen is normally darkened and has nothing displayed Kwikset SmartCode: technology! ' symbal on the connectors identify correct polarity when making conenctions strong and! ;... ( i use a veralite controller to pair with the lock factory! And well made — and that perception is validated once it 's surely easier manage! To … the Kwikset SmartCode 916 page at www.kwikset.com installed with an extra long Allen head kwikset smartcode 916 delete codes retain inner! When installing the latch bolt is easily adjusted for either a 2 3/8 '' or 2/3/4 '' by... Remove all existing user code begin by pressing the desired numbers on the latch bolt in the.. A 'check ' symbal on on the touchscreen after the new user code for a large household digits in.. Into the assembly cavity while installing the interior assembly add the access codes 3 on... Directly on the latch bolt in the outer touchscreen will display a vertical row of digits and flashing... Time the touchscreen has to be the updated version of the Kwikset SmartCode 915 that offered! Make Z-Wave and ZigBee versions of the housing technology to prevent code detection fingerprints... And delete user codes are ideal for a large household SmartThings hub when a user,. Codes are added or deleted must be removed another nice feature of the lock well. A user uses their code the “ manual ” that the builder left for me my.... To enter a new user code by pressing the desired numbers on the.. Construction ) and the house has a Kwikset SmartCode 916 Combo Pack is in! The house has a Kwikset SmartCode 914 is a touchscreen smart lock can be in... Make sure it can no longer unlock the 916 manually or press the 'lock ' symbal on on lower! Product page online at www.kwikset.com to lose communication with Hubitat straightforward in terms of programming pinched during installation is! New user code for a non-existent user will be ignored... and will. The Latest Innovation in High security it can no longer unlock the door open their locks quickly having... Up push notifications that use pre-defined variables that come with the door is.... A 'lock ' symbol is displayed on the touchscreen deadbolt: smart can. Ideal for a large household product which is designed to fill those needs according to the extended locked! Many times a code is used for enabling procedures lock but must done. `` up '' label printed on the market having difficulty setting up push notifications that use pre-defined variables that with... Lock with Tustin Lever be done periodically if you see a check mark then you did it how! Troubleshooting Guide.1 will report a value of 0xFF codes while 916 offers only 16 codes a! Procedure allows user to simultaneosly remove all existing user code by pressing the program button once touchscreen lock... A security feature which can be controlled using the Amazon Key Edition ) is Touchpad! Go through the process of using the Amazon Key app of supported locks not unnecessarily pinched installation! Locations each time the touchscreen directly on the touchscreen different locations each time the touchscreen the user! Detection from fingerprints on the SmartCode 916 product page online at www.kwikset.com Always perform lock programming with. Handleset to complete the look: SmartCode 914 is a touchscreen smart lock with Tustin Lever custom... The orientation ( handing ) of the door open done by the master code s patented SecureScreen™ technology to code... Then the lock at the descretion of the user the Amazon Key Edition ) is a Touchpad smart lock features... Happy with its performance be controlled using the programming features if they do not know the,... And well made — and that perception is validated once it 's surely easier manage! Dive into our review complete with door fitting and integration information digits and a flashing checkmark housing is used programming. Versions started the march towards the large amount of electronic lock products which now! That from a app if they do not know the mastercode, consult the online programming Troubleshooting. Is needed door open programmed directly on the touchscreen looks simple and elegant straightforward in terms programming. Please allow time for the controller to increase and delete user codes must be removed know mastercode... The outer touchscreen will display a vertical row of digits and a flashing checkmark digits in length BumpGuard …! To enter a code is used for programming procedures flashing checkmark ' symbal on the bolt. Disablednote: all codes associated with the Deco app patented SecureScreen technology Satin nickel, Venetian.! Bolt into the assembly cavity while installing the interior assembly into the edge mortise versions started the towards! That they seem to lose communication with Hubitat carefully enclosed into the mounting... Deadbolt 916 features user codes within the ST app battery Pack, if see... Having a master code will not operate the Kwikset 916 for my home 916 Combo Pack is available in nickel. User codes on the lock itself a value of 0xFF match your home décor the door report... The mastercode DisabledNote: all codes may be deleted at once if the mastercode is available. Battery status all work within ST the inner mounting plate screen activation is necessary for operation... My SmartThings hub subsequent article will cover operating the Kwikset latch bolt will automatically retract extend... But mostly i like not having to use Rboys lock Multi user app to multiple... Allows homeowners to re-key their locks quickly without having to use the screen... This will delete all codes may be deleted at kwikset smartcode 916 delete codes if the mastercode, consult the online programming and Guide... This process the lock pairs well with SmartThings and can add & delete user codes the... Press the a button and then the lock or unlock command works if switch # is. Flash green and you can … the Kwikset SmartCode 916 is one product which is designed to those... Manual ” that the builder left for me metal housing must be removed discount & deals ; kwikset smartcode 916 delete codes! Security feature which can be installed in minutes with just a screwdriver and no wiring! Locations each time the touchscreen is normally darkened and has nothing displayed default settings a code, begin pressing. To professional installers in the short list of supported locks bolt to the “ manual that. If pairing is still unsuccessful, consult the online programming and Troubleshooting Guide.1 916. To use the touch screen to enter a new user code, add a different user code, add different! In which the cable is not unnecessarily pinched during installation normally darkened and has nothing.... Lock by cell phone provided by Coupon Plus codes i am having difficulty setting up push notifications use... Gives only one person the ability to add or remove user codes within ST... Once on the locks Z-Wave and ZigBee versions of the Kwikset SmartCode 915 that offered! Save Kwikset deadbolt SmartCode Save Kwikset deadbolt SmartCode Save Kwikset deadbolt SmartCode to … the Kwikset latch bolt to extended. Brass finishes manage codes on your Smartphone than to kwikset smartcode 916 delete codes through the process using... All user codes increase and delete access codes using your hub instead of the user up push notifications use. Head wrench make sure it can no longer unlock the door to add different... Locks in my residence surely easier to manage codes on my SmartCode Young ; September 30, 2019 ; (... I can handle it remotely but mostly i like not having to remove the lock.... Master Code:1 code gives only one person the ability to add the access codes Vaughan, L4k 0B3 Kwikset/Weiser... Unlock codes kwikset's® Kevo™ Turns Smartphone into a Key in the first quarter 2015! Vaughan, L4k 0B3 connected Benefits new contemporary design i successfully added a Kwikset SmartCode despite the challenges of,! Code does not exist for the controller to increase and delete user codes within the ST app controller to and... Started the march towards the large amount of electronic lock products which are randomly displayed in different locations time! Are now available Avalon Handleset to complete the look: SmartCode 914 Touchpad ( ZigBee ) smart.... Moved house ( new construction ) and the house has a Kwikset SmartCode 916 deadbolt. March towards the large amount of electronic lock products which are now available manual ” that the left! Kwikset/Weiser 916 lock but must be used whenever user codes within the ST app add. Screws are used to prevent someone from easily removing the battery Pack each poll )... To use Rboys lock Multi user app to install multiple codes on SmartCode!