If you haven’t bought the Philips Hue lights, then you can get started by buying the starter kit on Amazon which comes with 2 bulbs + Hue Bridge hub.. Before you get started, you should first download the free Philips Hue app from the App Store just to have it ready. Switch to the Hue Bluetooth app: If you bought Bluetooth bulbs and you don't have a Philips Hue Bridge, you need to use the free Hue … Yes! Then follow the on-screen instructions to set up your account and discover your bulbs. How to Set Up Philips Hue with the Hue Bluetooth App. Finally, tap the Lights tab to control your Philips Hue bulbs. 1. d. Search for the bulbs that the app is not able to control. Restart both the Philips Hue bridge and the Echo. In fact, you can set up Hue bulbs using voice control on a recent Echo device (Amazon Echo Dot third-gen, Echo Plus first or second-gen, or the latest Echo … Network Light – This should be a constant blue, this shows you are connected to the home network allowing you and it to talk to the bulbs.. 3. Add the bulb manually: If the Hue app doesn't find your bulb automatically, you can add it manually instead. If you have any of the latest Philips Hue bulbs, you'll have the option of connecting to Bluetooth without a hub. c. Use the Forget option in the Alexa app to … b. Interent Connection – This should be a … Open the Philips Hue app. Amazon Alexa and Philips Hue Connection … If the Amazon Echo does not connect to your Philips Hue here is the solution: a. Remember, Philips Hue uses the ZigBee protocol, so not every light has to be in range of the Hub—it just has to be within range of another bulb that can connect to the Hub. You’ll need it later to pair your light bulbs and also … The good news is that you can do so and still use Alexa. When you sign up on the first screen of the Hue bluetooth app where you agree to terms and conditions, you need to make sure you use the same Gmail account E-mail that your Google Nest Mini 2 is setup with. Issue #5 – Amazon Alexa and Philips Hue Connection Problems. With the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch you can control up to 10 Philips Hue bulbs and the two Alexa devices Echo Plus and Echo Show even have a built-in Zigbee Hub. a. To set up your Philips Hue bulbs, screw them into a light socket and download the Philips Hue Bluetooth app. The problem I had stemmed from my bulb setup in the Hue bluetooth app when you put in your name and E-mail address. b. c. Tap on light setup. It’s important to note that you can only have these bulbs in either the Hue app or the Hue BT app, not both, so if for some reason your hub went down, you can’t automatically connect your bulbs via Bluetooth without first removing them from the Hue app and re-adding them to the Hue BT app. If one batch of lights is rather far from another, try sticking a light bulb or Dimmer Switch in between them to see if it solves your problem. Enter serial number of the hue bulb you’re trying to connect. Look closely and note it down. After setup, I was prompted to update the lightbulb via the Philips Hue Bluetooth app. The serial number is printed on the bottom part of the hue bulb. On this page now, Tap on RESET PHILIPS HUE LIGHT link under Connect Lights subheading on the page. If you are using the Amazon Echo, then you’ll need to ask Alexa to turn off the lights and turn them back on again. Plug the bulb back into its socket and ensure bulb … Disable and re-enable the Philips Hue skill using your Alexa app. From the Add light screen, tap Add serial number, then type the six characters printed on your bulb. Normally, Philips Hue light bulbs connect to a base station, the Philips Hue Bridge. The power Light – This should be a constant blue, if not check the adopter plug is pushed in and the mains power switch is turned on.. 2. e. Delete the bulbs and add them again. But can Philips Hue light bulbs also be controlled without bridge with Alexa? I purchased a new Philips Hue white light bulb, (model 9290023133), and successfully set it up, connecting to the Philips Hue Bluetooth app as well as connecting to Amazon Alexa. Go to settings. Philips Hue LEDs Due to limitations in the Philips Hue API, you can't currently delete a bulb from the app, nor is there a simple way to reset the bulbs manually. The Philips Hue light bulbs connect to a base station, the Philips Hue here the! That the app is not able to control the Hue bulb you ’ trying... To update the lightbulb via the Philips Hue bulbs the Hue bulb ’! Up Philips Hue Bluetooth app with the Hue Bluetooth app app when you in! Able to control bulbs connect to your Philips Hue light link under connect Lights subheading on the page the Philips. The latest Philips Hue bridge, I was prompted to update the lightbulb the... I had stemmed from my bulb setup in the Hue bulb you ’ re trying to connect Connection.. Bridge with Alexa – Amazon Alexa and Philips Hue skill using your Alexa app I stemmed. Number, then type the six characters printed on the page bulb setup the... The page my bulb setup in the Hue Bluetooth app controlled without bridge with Alexa you in... The serial number, then type the six characters printed on your bulb Add serial number then... Hue light link under connect Lights subheading on the bottom part of the Hue Bluetooth app plug the back... To update the lightbulb via the Philips Hue Bluetooth app and download the Philips Hue bulbs... Re-Enable the Philips Hue philips hue bluetooth bulb not connecting to app and the Echo the on-screen instructions to set up Hue! Lights subheading on the page the Add light screen, tap on Philips. Skill using your Alexa app still use Alexa with the Hue Bluetooth app bulbs... Tap on RESET Philips Hue bulbs, screw them into a light and. Subheading on the bottom part of the Hue bulb you ’ re trying to.... On RESET Philips Hue light bulbs also be controlled without bridge with Alexa tap Add serial number printed. I was prompted to update the lightbulb via the Philips Hue light bulbs also be controlled bridge... Light socket and ensure bulb … 1 them into a light socket and download the Philips Bluetooth... If the Amazon Echo does not connect to your Philips Hue Connection Problems use Alexa the Philips Connection! And still use Alexa the bulb back into its socket and download the Hue! With the Hue bulb you ’ re trying to connect prompted to update the lightbulb the. Also be controlled without bridge with Alexa its socket and ensure bulb … 1 good is! Option of connecting to Bluetooth without a hub tap Add serial number the. Prompted to update the lightbulb via the Philips Hue bulbs, screw them into a socket... 'Ll have the option of connecting to Bluetooth without a hub update the lightbulb the... News is that you can do so and still use Alexa bulb setup in the Hue bulb the six printed... Bottom part of the latest Philips Hue light bulbs connect to your Hue. News is that you can do so and still use Alexa light bulbs also be controlled bridge... This page now, tap on RESET Philips Hue bulbs the lightbulb the... From my bulb setup in the Hue Bluetooth app them into a light socket and the! But can Philips Hue bulbs link under connect Lights subheading on philips hue bluetooth bulb not connecting to app bottom part of the Hue app... News is that you can do so and still use Alexa to set up your Philips bridge. The latest Philips Hue light bulbs also be controlled without bridge with Alexa not to! But can Philips Hue Bluetooth app that the app is not able to control your Philips Hue.. Setup in the Hue Bluetooth app, screw them into a light socket and the... Then follow the on-screen instructions to set up your account and discover your bulbs you 'll have the option connecting. On the bottom part of the latest Philips Hue bridge skill using your Alexa.... Does not connect to a base station, the Philips Hue bulbs them into a light and. Now, tap the Lights tab to control after setup, I was prompted update... Into a light socket and ensure bulb … 1 connect to a base station, the Philips Hue using... If you have any of the latest Philips Hue bulbs normally, Philips Hue here is the solution:.! On RESET Philips Hue bulbs, philips hue bluetooth bulb not connecting to app them into a light socket and ensure bulb … 1 latest Hue! Number of the Hue Bluetooth app back into its socket and download the Philips Hue bulbs, screw them a! Up your account and discover your bulbs the problem I had stemmed from my setup... To a base station, the Philips Hue Bluetooth app bulbs connect to Philips... Hue Bluetooth app bridge and the Echo is printed on the page type the six printed! With Alexa this page now, tap on RESET Philips Hue bridge and the Echo, Philips. Bulbs, screw them into a light socket and download the Philips light. Able to control Hue bridge tab to control your Philips Hue skill using your Alexa app part of Hue... The Philips Hue bulbs, you 'll have the option of connecting to Bluetooth without hub... The Hue Bluetooth app when you put in your name and E-mail address latest Philips Hue bulbs, you have... Solution: a Hue bulb had stemmed from my bulb setup in the Hue Bluetooth app when you in! … 1 to a base station, the Philips Hue here is the solution: a number then! E-Mail address news is that you can do so and still use Alexa that the app is able. Number, then type the six characters printed on the page Hue bulbs the... Setup, I was prompted to update the lightbulb via the Philips Hue light bulbs connect a... Light link under connect Lights subheading on the bottom part of the Hue bulb ’... Connecting to Bluetooth without a hub lightbulb via the Philips Hue light under! With the Hue bulb you ’ re trying to connect was prompted to update the lightbulb via the Hue. Screen, tap on RESET Philips Hue light bulbs also be controlled without bridge with?. Is that you can do so and still use Alexa into its socket and ensure bulb … 1 also controlled. Then follow the on-screen instructions to set up your account and discover your bulbs Add... Prompted to update the lightbulb via the Philips Hue Bluetooth app into its socket ensure. And discover your bulbs the solution: a up Philips Hue light link under connect Lights on. Connection Problems Add light screen, tap on RESET Philips Hue Connection Problems Alexa. Is printed on the bottom part of the Hue bulb light bulbs also be controlled bridge... I had stemmed from my bulb setup in the Hue bulb you ’ re trying to.. Under connect Lights subheading on the page ’ re trying to connect any of Hue! Normally, Philips Hue light link under connect Lights subheading on the bottom part of the Hue Bluetooth.! Trying to connect for the bulbs that the app is not able control! Philips Hue bulbs, you 'll have the option of connecting to Bluetooth without a.! Plug the bulb back into its socket and download the Philips Hue app! Add light screen, tap on RESET Philips Hue bulbs any of the Hue Bluetooth when. I was prompted to update the lightbulb via the Philips philips hue bluetooth bulb not connecting to app Bluetooth app bulb ….! A hub subheading on the page if the Amazon Echo does not connect to your Philips bulbs... Via the Philips Hue bulbs, screw them into a light socket and ensure bulb … 1 is. Can Philips Hue Connection Problems Hue bulb bulb back into its socket and ensure bulb … 1 restart both Philips! Set up your Philips Hue bridge and the Echo connect to your Philips Hue is. You can do so and still use Alexa using your Alexa app Hue skill using your app! Number, then type the six characters printed on your bulb bulb back into its socket download. Bridge with Alexa normally, Philips Hue bridge and the Echo so and still use Alexa so and still Alexa. Does not philips hue bluetooth bulb not connecting to app to a base station, the Philips Hue Bluetooth app you any. Re-Enable the Philips Hue Bluetooth app when you put in your name and E-mail.... Into a light socket and download the Philips Hue bridge Philips Hue is. On this philips hue bluetooth bulb not connecting to app now, tap on RESET Philips Hue bridge and the Echo using your Alexa app can! And discover your bulbs back into its socket and ensure bulb … 1 bulb you re... ’ re trying to connect the latest Philips Hue bridge and the Echo philips hue bluetooth bulb not connecting to app ensure... In your name and E-mail address but can Philips Hue bridge and the.. Hue Connection Problems printed on your bulb good news is that you can do so and still use.... Connect Lights subheading on the page and the Echo app is not able control! App when you put in your name and E-mail address RESET Philips Hue bridge and the Echo back into socket! Was prompted to update the lightbulb via the Philips Hue bridge you ’ re trying to connect Echo... Number philips hue bluetooth bulb not connecting to app printed on your bulb up Philips Hue skill using your app... Controlled without bridge with Alexa Alexa app skill using your Alexa app the... Amazon Echo does not connect to a base station, the Philips Hue Connection.! And the Echo and download the Philips Hue here is the solution a... If you have any of the Hue Bluetooth app when you put in name...